Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

AMC Shows Still Missing Scenes Due to Commercial Cutoff

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

AMC Shows Still Missing Scenes Due to Commercial Cutoff

A not so helpful Xfinity rep marked a previous thread 'SOLVED' when it is actually not at all solved and still happening.  I am trying to watch AMC's Turn and again and again scenes are cut way short while no less than 7 or 8 commercials interrupt.  The commercials start before scenes are over.  I've missed half the scenes in episodes I'm trying to watch.  The rep's suggestion seems to be that we should record the shows or pay the extra $5.00 to get the commercial free episodes.  They need to try fixing the problem instead, as we are all paying to have On Demand service. 

New Poster

Re: AMC Shows Still Missing Scenes Due to Commercial Cutoff

I've had this problem for Turn for several weeks, and with Better Call Saul as well.  I've called support and they weren't able to fix it.

New Poster

This is happening with Fear the Walking Dead.. I shouldn't have to pay an extra $5 to get commercial free programming. Just play the same amount of commercials a regular broadcast has and stop cutting scenes short to add more of the same unwanted commercials over and over.... this is so annoying
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem with Turn.  What an awful mess.  Not only do they put the commercials in the wrong spots but they ditch half of the scenes.  I didn't get to see the Judge killed [and wasn't even sure that's who they were referring to for several minutes] and I missed most of Benedict Arnold's fight scene with Peggy.  Plus a few other scenes.  And that was just one episode.

New Poster

This is a TV problem, at least for me. Watching online was not affected the same way. Of course, watching on a phone, tablet or computer is not at all the same experience as watching on a big screen TV.

Specific shows I can say are affected by this issue are the season finale (310) of "Better Call Saul" and episode 402 of "TURN: Washington's Spies."

However, reports of this problem have been in various forums for years. None of them seem to have any successful resolution, including this one begun in September 2016: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Error-with-commercials-So-it-s-cutting-off-On-Demand-shows/td...

Here's a link to an even older one: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Show-On-Demand-Getting-Cut-Off-By-Commercials/td-p/2365501

Here's one created last month: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/On-Demand-commercials-are-cutting-off-part-of-shows/td-p/2921...

Those are the ones I found, there may be others. This problem has been happening for at least two and a half years with no apparent information or reason, let alone a fix. Cable service is expensive and growing more so all the time. "On Demand" service is highly touted as a convenience and benefit to customers. Yet it's as good as worthless if you don't provide the entire show; and it's unconscionable that this problem has existed for so long.

A number of these posts have been closed out by ComcastAmir with some BS suggestion or no real resolution at all. Again, unconscionable. If you can’t fix the problem, you should drop all the commercials and pay the networks out of your own pocket.

New Poster

So is anyone getting anywhere with this issue because I am experinecing the exact same thing everyone else is saying in this thread. Commericials are cutting into shows on AMC (Turn, Fear the Walking Dead and Preacher) at weird times and the show does not pick up where it left off after the commerical. I don't even know how to explain this issue to Xfinity without them re-routing my call 8 different times.

Contributor

Nice job Comcast. Cutting critical scenes from shows for commercials. I was just watching Turn and it's almost as if they cut them at critical story junctions on purpose.

Frequent Visitor

I am having this problem as well. The phone rep blamed the AMC network saying that Comcast has no control over the conmmercial placement. 

But is it not Comcast's job to contact AMC to have them fix the issue? Instead, it just seems like the reps here closed tickets as "resolved" to issues that are not. Same goes for the phone support. To suggest that the solution is to pay extra for no commercials is complete BS.

Meanwhile, we pay our bill...in full. 

Regular Visitor

I've noticed the same thing with "Fear the Walking Dead" episodes 3.04 and 3.05.  I ended up paying to watch the episodes on Vudu which is a shame because we are PAYING for this On Demand service and we are being cheated out of critical scenes in these shows!  

Can someone please look into this issue and fix these episodes?

Administrator

I know it has been a while since this issue was reported, but it took some time before we got everything redelivered to update. All AMC content affected by the ad cut should be working correctly at this time. 

New Poster

Hello. I have been on several message boards concerning this issue, and it looks like as of August you'd replaced affected content and deemed this issued closed; however, we just experienced this same issue with an new episode (NBC, not AMC) from this week. Whatever was causing this is very much not resolved.

Telling people just to record shows is not an acceptable response. First, not everyone has a DVR and can only access the shows through OnDemand. Second, it's just not ok to say, "We're not going to appropriately address this. Just use a work around."

Telling people that it's not an issue online is also not an acceptable resolution. Not everyone wants to watch on a laptop or tablet. And again, "just use a work around" is not an approriate solution.

With how much we pay for your services (and still have to watch commercials), there is absolutely no reason that we shouldn't be able to access the content we pay you to provide. We missed almost 10 minutes (and significant plot points) of an hour long episode--significantly less than an hour considering commercials. You have had months to resolve this and appear to be ignoring the root cause.

Please advise as to what is being done to make this right for your customers. Thank you!