Community Forum

ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE

While attempting to watch Blue Bloods on my computer, I received an ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 INSTALL MESSAGE. I installed the application and am still receiving the message. This didn't occur until  XFINITY BY COMCAST was installed on my computer.

please advise.

 

THANK YOU

JUM

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE


jum1958 wrote:

While attempting to watch Blue Bloods on my computer, I received an ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 INSTALL MESSAGE. I installed the application and am still receiving the message. This didn't occur until  XFINITY BY COMCAST was installed on my computer.

please advise.

 

THANK YOU

JUM


Adobe Flash Player 11 or higher is required to watch videos on Xfinity.com/tv. Please go here to update to version 11:

 

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE

I have downloaded and installed Adobe Flash 11 (latest as of this date) many times but I continue to get the message that I need it.  List of programs shows installation but will only allow me to uninstall.  How do I correct this?  I have viewed Norton settings, tried differenct settings as a test.  Nothing works. 

Official Employee

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE


JDBOB62 wrote:

I have downloaded and installed Adobe Flash 11 (latest as of this date) many times but I continue to get the message that I need it.  List of programs shows installation but will only allow me to uninstall.  How do I correct this?  I have viewed Norton settings, tried differenct settings as a test.  Nothing works. 


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Frequent Visitor

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE

My Device Information My Zip Code: 95207 My Cable Provider: Comcast Stockton Digital Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 176 My Map ID: 149 My Persona ID: 9929 My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: LIVING ROOM, DVR 1 My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 67.181.112.115 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C; AskTbORJ/5.15.14.29495) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: Not Installed
Official Employee

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE


JDBOB62 wrote:
My Device Information My Zip Code: 95207 My Cable Provider: Comcast Stockton Digital Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 176 My Map ID: 149 My Persona ID: 9929 My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: LIVING ROOM, DVR 1 My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 67.181.112.115 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C; AskTbORJ/5.15.14.29495) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: Not Installed

As you can see from the bolded part up top, Adobe Flash Player is not installed on your computer.

 

When you download the update, make sure that you are opening it and then installing it after.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Frequent Visitor

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE

I have now re-installed FLASH - does not work.  I had uninstalled it prior to sending you my computer specs. 

Official Employee

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE


JDBOB62 wrote:

I have now re-installed FLASH - does not work.  I had uninstalled it prior to sending you my computer specs. 


Can you please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer again and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Poster

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9 MESSAGE

I have read the posts on these forums, but I can not get Adobe Flash Player to install.  I keep getting messages that I have to close the IDVault and Internet Explorer.  I am now getting those same messages trying to uninstall Adobe Flash so I can reinstall it.  How to I get those programs closed?  When I click on the link in this forum, it shows that Flash is not installed.  When I go to the computer and programs I see Adobe 13 Active X  and Adobe Flash 13 plugin are both installed.  They are 6 MB each. When I was going to other forums trying to install Adobe Flash, they basically say that the comcast software is a "piece of xxxx" and that is why Flash can not be installed.  What is going on?