Community Forum

30 Second skip ahead XR11 Remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

30 Second skip ahead XR11 Remote

I just replaced my x1 box because of constant freeze ups from constantly ff and rew and browsing through On Demand. I had the 30 Second skip ahead XR11 Remote set for a long time and never set it back to the 5 minute.

For the new box I set it to 30 Second skip ahead XR11 Remote and the new box started freezing up after hittting buttons like above  so I changed it back to 5min ff and rew and in a couple days had no freezing.

Has anyone on this forum seen or heard of this problem. I am not outright blaming this for the issues but darn I went through at least 500 on demand movies testerday looking for something to watch and no freezing. Is it me?

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas thatr come my way.

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 30 Second skip ahead XR11 Remote

The 30 second skip is a setting in the X1 box. It is not a setting in the remote.

EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030
Gold Problem Solver

I just reread your post and I think you may have correctable signal issues which is fairly common with X1 boxes as they are proving to be very signal sensitive.

You may want to consider having Comcast send a tech out to investigate.
New Poster

Thank you RickGr4 I'm going to let the testing (default 5 minutes ff and rew) continue for a few days and if that happens again I will definitely call Comcast. It's just taking time off from work lately is getting painful. 

New Poster

I had set up the 30-second skip some time ago, and it suddenly stopped working today (back to 5 minutes). I’m trying EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 many times, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Is there a specific button you’re supposed to presss AFTER pressing 0030? It seems that it wants me to tune to channel 30 (in my case, C-SPAN)... and the page up button still sits at a 5-minute fast forward.

What am I missing?
Valued Contributor

It's been my past experiance that you sometimes have to try it a couple times before it works.  I got the X15 remote last month and it worked the first time I programmed it, I do recall that it changed the channel to 30 when I did it, but the 30 second skip worked after.                  

Expert

reboot the box is the code doesn't work in the X1 set top box. (the setting you are making is to the set top box not the remote).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.