Community Forum

2 DVRS x1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: 2 DVRS x1

You probably should have but after the fact you can’t tell what was happening.

It really doesn’t matter where it gets saved to unless you were swapping a DVR. But I believe it would be whichever DVR it’s taking its tuner from
Regular Contributor

one last question and i'll leave you alone.  ok two questions.

with two x1 boxes that i have and with 6 programs recording shouldn't i at least have had one tuner left

to watch live TV?   

what happens when you press record when watching live TV on a regular digital box?  where does that get recorded to?

Official Employee

It’s a box for box swap, you can go to your local service center and swap it anytime
Regular Contributor

will Comcast do that for me if i ask?  Is there a cost to do this?

Official Employee

The XG2 has 4 tuners, one for live TV and 3 to feed up to 3 XiDs. Currently, 2 of your DVR’s tuners are used for the 2 XiDs that you have. Swapping an XG2 for one of your XIDs will totally free up the DVR (minus tuners for live TV)
Regular Contributor

XG2 has tuners to give like a DVR

can you explain that a little more I didn't understand it.

right now i have 2 different DVRs.  one is the big one with the time on the front and one is a small one

with just a white light.

i also have two regular digital non dvr boxes.

Official Employee

XG2 has tuners to give like a DVR

If you have series scheduled to record, it records on the dvr with the most space.
If you physically press record at a DVR, that’s the one it goes to
Regular Contributor

what is the difference with the XG2?

how will i know which program is recording on which DVR?  do I have to set the recording up on the

DVR that I want it to record on?

Official Employee

You also have 2 Xids, each take a tuner ( ability to record) from the dvr and each DVR uses a tuner for live TV, it’s also possible your recordings were overlapping. To get the most of recording ability swap one of the XiDs for an XG2.
Regular Contributor

2 DVRS x1

How do i know which programs are set to record on which DVR?  

Yesterday we had 6 programs recording at one time and a got a message when i tried to watch a 7th show that was not recording.

I thought we could record 12 programs at one time?  How can I prevent this from happening?

Thank you.