Community Forum

xfinity stream beta app on samsung tv

New Poster

xfinity stream beta app on samsung tv

I have the app installed on a samsung tv. When first installed it goes to the xfinity page and I'm shown All Channels, Favorites etc. When I pick All Channels it goes to channel 2 and I have no way to enter another channel number so I need to scroll using the up button to the channel I want. When I select a channel it works OK but there is no way to add it to favorites. When I turn off the tv, the next time I turn it on it goes to the last channel I was watching and it won't open anything else so I can't change the channel. If I load another app, the xfinity app won't unload and when I go back to it, it's still stuck on the last channel. It will only change if I delete the app and reload it.

When it is working, the only buttons that work on the samsung remote are the up, down, left, right, OK, back, volume and power.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Mike

Expert

Re: xfinity stream beta app on samsung tv

@mikerjf wrote:

I have the app installed on a samsung tv. When first installed it goes to the xfinity page and I'm shown All Channels, Favorites etc. When I pick All Channels it goes to channel 2 and I have no way to enter another channel number so I need to scroll using the up button to the channel I want. When I select a channel it works OK but there is no way to add it to favorites. When I turn off the tv, the next time I turn it on it goes to the last channel I was watching and it won't open anything else so I can't change the channel. If I load another app, the xfinity app won't unload and when I go back to it, it's still stuck on the last channel. It will only change if I delete the app and reload it.

When it is working, the only buttons that work on the samsung remote are the up, down, left, right, OK, back, volume and power.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Mike 

the Roku has a * key (similar to an app menu button).  there must be a menu button that allows you to turn on captions, etc. the * button on the menu while viewing the guide lets you go directly to a channel number.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This is not a roku tv.

New Poster

There is no * key.

Now the app locks up the tv with a message "Something went wrong" . It says to hit the back button, but the back button does nothing. The only way to get rid of the error message is to delete the xfinity app.

New Poster

If you delete the app and reinstall, the guide comes up and you can select a program. When you're ready to stop watching, press "return" to go back to the guide before you exit the app. ALWAYS DO THIS B4 LEAVING THE APP. When you return, you may have to go home or select a different app briefly, but the guide will be there when Xfinity opens. Definitely weird, but this works for me.
New Poster

Tried that and it comes up in the guide, I can go to any channel I want but it won,t load any channel. 3 dots in the middle of the screen.