Community Forum

xfinity share app

Frequent Visitor

xfinity share app

I just replaced my x1 dvr box yesterday due to problem it had, everything works perfect with new one except xfinity share app on android stopped working and I can't stream live video from home or a board to my tv, it gives me error that I need Triple play with DVR which I already have one, anybody know why?

Expert

Re: xfinity share app

babak0122 wrote:

I just replaced my x1 dvr box yesterday due to problem it had, everything works perfect with new one except xfinity share app on android stopped working and I can't stream live video from home or a board to my tv, it gives me error that I need Triple play with DVR which I already have one, anybody know why?

they 'now' require you to have cable tv/internet/ and one of either (or both) home security and telephone service from comcast. Earlier today I sent a tweet to @comcast cares asking why the need for home security or home phone service is required to use the share app.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

I had the service and worked flawlessly and I didn't have the home security 

Expert

babak0122 wrote:

I had the service and worked flawlessly and I didn't have the home security 

do you have comcast phone as part of your package?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Silver Problem Solver

You might have a provisioning issue.  Call Comcast billing.

Frequent Visitor

I have phone service which is part of Triple play and I called comcast, they opend research ticket to find out what is wrong.

Official Employee

Hello 

I am sorry for the delay in response to your post.

I have checked your account and did find that open ticket for the Tier 2 team to look at the issue you are reporting with your app. I don't know if you have already done this but have you tried deleting the app, reinstalling it and logging in again?

If you have and that did not resolve the issue then lets wait for Tier 2 to get back to you with a resolution. Please let me know when they contact you and what their resolution was.

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Comcastgorge, it's now working again, it is a fun app, you can send live video directly to tv at your home, no matter where you are

New Poster

ComcastGeorge wrote:

Hello 

I have checked your account and did find that open ticket for the Tier 2 team to look at the issue you are reporting with your app. I don't know if you have already done this but have you tried deleting the app, reinstalling it and logging in again?

If you have and that did not resolve the issue then lets wait for Tier 2 to get back to you with a resolution. Please let me know when they contact you and what their resolution was.

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

ComcastGeorge...  I have a similar issue with the SHARE app where I am not able to log into the app b/c of an error message that says, "Currently, access to this app requires subscription to the X1 Triple Play with DVR service".   I have TV/Internet/Home Sec.   Nobody seems to know what the problem is or why I'm getting the error.  I have a Tier2 Ticket open....CR462352855

Silver Problem Solver

melissa-jagnow wrote:

ComcastGeorge wrote:

Hello 

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

ComcastGeorge...  I have a similar issue with the SHARE app where I am not able to log into the app b/c of an error message that says, "Currently, access to this app requires subscription to the X1 Triple Play with DVR service".   I have TV/Internet/Home Sec.   Nobody seems to know what the problem is or why I'm getting the error.  I have a Tier2 Ticket open....CR462352855

Share REQUIRES TV/Internet/Phone only.  Home Security doesn't qualify.

Expert

melissa-jagnow wrote:

ComcastGeorge wrote:

Hello 

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

IMO it is just another example of old tech provider trying to enforce more old tech required when no one wants a home phone since they have cell phones. Terrible business model with all the cord cutters and OTA (over the air) options available.

New Poster

I live in Hartford Ct area. I have an Xfinity DVR and according to Customer service I have the cloud code on my account. I downloaded the Xfinity TV App to both my IPhone and iPad. I have 2 issues, I do not see the recorded programs from my DVR on either devices also I cannot stream outside of my home Network. I have called Customer Service several times to get answers without any results. Please help!
Silver Problem Solver

Be sure to verify that you have the cloud code on your account.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

Where is X1 DVR with Cloud Technology available now?
X1 DVR with Cloud Technology is available to a limited number of customers in select Comcast areas at this time.

You can determine whether this service is available in your area using one of the following methods:

• While connected to your in-home XFINITY network, visit www.comcast.com/x1. If the URL updates to and displays as http://www.xfinity.com/x1clouduser in your browser, X1 DVR with Cloud Technology is available in your area and you may contact us to have the service added to your account.
  • Log in to the XFINITY TV app or XFINITY TV website (xtv.comcast.net). If you receive the "Good News" message, X1 DVR with Cloud Technology is available in your area and you may contact us to have the service added to your account. Note: If you can log in to the XFINITY TV app or XFINITY TV website but the Recordings, Downloads or Scheduled tabs are grayed out, please contact us to have X1 DVR with Cloud Technology added to your accoun

Contributor

I just tried today to download the Share App, and I get the same error message that "Share requires the Triple Play.' I have the triple play, I've deleted the app and reloaded it three times, rebooted the iPhone 6, etc. with no change. I talked with customer service today, but unfortunately was connected with an overseas call center. They simply said it was known problem. The did not prepare a ticket for the records or upgrade it to Tier 2. Can a Comcast rep give us the up to date information as to why this works for some but not others (remnants of the old legacy companies in some areas?) and when a fix is expected?