Community Forum

xfinity Roku App Shuts Down After 20 minutes

New Poster

xfinity Roku App Shuts Down After 20 minutes

I've been using the xfinity Roku app for about a year now. 

For the past 5 days after watching a channel for about 20 minutes the xfinity app shuts down and returns to the Roku home screen.  This happens repeatedly.

Very frustrating.

Expert

Re: xfinity Roku App Shuts Down After 20 minutes

@teleguy wrote:

I've been using the xfinity Roku app for about a year now. 

For the past 5 days after watching a channel for about 20 minutes the xfinity app shuts down and returns to the Roku home screen.  This happens repeatedly.

Very frustrating.

crashing is often fixed like this. from the home menu move cursor to xfinity then press the * key and remove the app. power down the roku for 30+ seconds (unplug power and HDMI from the Roku device. then search for and install the app. signin and agree to terms and conditions. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I tried that but no luck.  The xifinity app shut down again after about 20 minutes and returned to the Roku home screen.  

Expert

@teleguy wrote:

I tried that but no luck.  The xifinity app shut down again after about 20 minutes and returned to the Roku home screen.  

do you have more than one roku remote? start a video stream and remove one of the Roku batteries. does the problem still happen? when you start playing feel the roku device for temperature. when it goes 'off' feel it again. notice it is much hotter?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem, started in the same timeframe.  

I use both Express and Express +  Roku devices.  

The problem is only occurring on the Express +.  

Deleting and reinstalling the device has not helped.  

The device does not get warmer.  

Signal strength reads excellent.

Other apps do not shutdown, just the Xfinity app.

New Poster

Mine is a Roku Express+ also.  Model 3710X.

I hope someone from Comcast figures this out.  

The Roku does not get warm and the other apps do not shut down.  Only the Xfinity App shuts down after about 20 minutes.

New Poster

Update...Yesterday I did a factory reset of my Roku device and for now that seems to have fixed the problem with the Xfinity App shutting down after 20 minutes.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for letting me know.  I just did a reset and the tv has been on for 45 minutes!  Fingers crossed this continues.