Community Forum

xfinity Fox news Live decertifies on Roku

Frequent Visitor

xfinity Fox news Live decertifies on Roku

Ongoing problem that neeDs to be resolved.

When using my Roku device on Xfinity Fox News Live decertifies on Roku.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: xfinity Fox news Live decertifies on Roku

I assume you mean you have to re-authorize fairly often? How often? Depending on the channel, I have found some need to be re-authorized weekly to monthly.

Frequent Visitor

It happens daily.

I would estimate whenever I turn the unit off and back on again.

I don't usually leave the TV and the ROKU on all the time - just when watching.

New Poster

This happened to me as well last evening.  This morning my wife fired up Fox News Go on her laptop and logged into Xfinity.  Once she did that the Rokus started working again.  Frustratring if you don't have a computer handy.  Not sure how often this will occur, I have only used Rokus (I now have three installed) for about a week and this was the first time.  My intention is to get rid of unecessary cable boxes and reduce my monthly bill, but this makes it frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

This is a continuing problem.

Have you reported tp Comcast Support?

New Poster

I have not yet contacted Comcast since it had only happened once when I commented.  Now that I've been using my RoKus for a few days I see this happening daily.  I'm going to try to open a ticket with Comcast and see if I can get some answers.  If I get anything useful I'll post back.

New Poster

Just spent an hour on chat with two different support agents.  They have escalated my problem to their network engineers and said I should get a call in the next two days.  So far not much progress, but we'll see what happens next.

Regular Visitor

I have to sign in after every time i turn the tv off...very annoying

Expert

@Hotrod_44 wrote:

I have to sign in after every time i turn the tv off...very annoying

can you turn off CEC for the HDMI connector you are using for the Roku or move the Roku to a non-CEC HDMI port? also do you eixt the xfinity app before changing inputs?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Have the same problem.   No help from local Xfinity office.  Very annoying.

New Poster

Still have the problem.   Anyone found a solution other than trying to mirror stream Fox News to the TV with Chromecast or a similar device from a computer tuned to the Xfinity access provided there to its customers' lineup.  Roku seems like a better way to do it if it did not have access blocked for some unknown reason.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with an Apple TV4. Fox News Go needs to be reauthorized multiple times a day. Very annoying.

New Poster

Folks, after a week of fooling around trying to get Fox News Live to work more than once without recertification each time, I discovered this:  Xfinity Streaming Channel Beta on Roku.  Add this channel, go to the Live page where you should find Fox News.  Problem solved

New Poster

Try Xfinity Streaming Beta

Regular Visitor

I noticed this happens around 4 am (eastern) every morning. Happens in Roku as well as on a fire stick and a fire tv box.
Sure, we can log out, log back in, and reactive again. Still not sure if the issue is from the app itself, or xfinity.