Community Forum

xFinity Streaming App error in iOS

Regular Visitor

xFinity Streaming App error in iOS

I have an iPad Pro and have been using it for a year to stream the tv channels that make up my account.  In the past few days, the Streaming app has been failing with the following error message:

Playback Issue :: 101000.106000

An iOS system error has occurred.  Most likely something is wrong with this stream; please try tuning to another program while we investigate.

Here is a screenshot from my iPad.

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 11.24.53 AM.jpg

I've tried several fixes.  I uninstalled the Streaming App and then re-installed it.  It worked......only once.  The first time I tried changing the channel on the iPad, the error resurfaced.  I rebooted the router and the modem.  Still no luck.  I removed the "HD only" filter from the Stream App and tried watching a network show in other than HD.  Didn't work.

This error started on Thursday, 6/14/2018.

Has the iPad version of this App been updated in the past few days, because the Streaming App continues to work fine on my iPHONE8.  Both devices are running the same version of iOS AND the same version of the xFinity Streaming App from the iOS App Store.

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 11.24.53 AM.jpg
New Poster

Re: xFinity Streaming App error in iOS

THis is part of a nationwide issue at the moment Comcast is actively working on it but has no ETA at the moment for a fix.
I am just another customer but am replying because no one else has. Sorry I don’t have better news.
Regular Visitor

Thanks, JD!  Yours must've been the charm, at least for me.  The xFinity Stream app came back with "live" tv about an hour ago, and I'm watching the Yankees play the Nationals right now.

Fingers crossed that it'll stick around a while.

New Poster

I've been having this problem all week, so it's back.

@pmckenna48 wrote:

Thanks, JD!  Yours must've been the charm, at least for me.  The xFinity Stream app came back with "live" tv about an hour ago, and I'm watching the Yankees play the Nationals right now.

Expert

@weissliv wrote:

I've been having this problem all week, so it's back.

@pmckenna48 wrote:

what error message and error message number did you see?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Error 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred, something about the stream being a problem and to pick an other stream, but it does it for every download and sometimes when I'm streaming.

Expert

@weissliv wrote:

Error 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred, something about the stream being a problem and to pick an other stream, but it does it for every download and sometimes when I'm streaming.

what is the code at the bottom of the page shown?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

You know what?  I tweeted at the and they got back to me right away, reset my system and now it works fine. In general I have good luck tweeting at Comcast Cares.  Thanks for trying to help!