Community Forum

why my today in video stopped working on my desktop computer

Regular Visitor

why my today in video stopped working on my desktop computer

my xfinity today in video stopped working .. it says playing but there is no sound or video .. last week it was working fine.. I have a mac mini os 10.12.3 

Expert

Re: why my today in video stopped working on my desktop computer

lesterj5 wrote:

my xfinity today in video stopped working .. it says playing but there is no sound or video .. last week it was working fine.. I have a mac mini os 10.12.3  

was this event using an app or using a web browser?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

I was told to leave Safari and go to Chrome.. of course this infureated me.... Apple Macintosh dose not recoment Chrome for a host of reasons .according to my research.. Google and Apple have a lot of unsolved problems especialy since Chrome uses a lot of outside third party products.. e.t.c. If everything was working fine with Safari last week it is strange that it will only work on Chrome this week .... does this mean that apple users like myself should stop using safari,a Apple Macintosh software product which was built for mac computers ..  ??

Expert

lesterj5 wrote:

I was told to leave Safari and go to Chrome.. of course this infureated me.... Apple Macintosh dose not recoment Chrome for a host of reasons .according to my research.. Google and Apple have a lot of unsolved problems especialy since Chrome uses a lot of outside third party products.. e.t.c. If everything was working fine with Safari last week it is strange that it will only work on Chrome this week .... does this mean that apple users like myself should stop using safari,a Apple Macintosh software product which was built for mac computers ..  ??

you might want to uninstall and reinstall Safari to see if that fixes the problem. Apple has a thread on the procedure at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7021949?start=0&tstart=0

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

I do not understand why my Today in Video stopped working on my desktop computer, but I would appreciate if

Comcast would contact me with information on how to fix it.

Expert
Moved:

Expert

carologrady wrote:

I do not understand why my Today in Video stopped working on my desktop computer, but I would appreciate if

Comcast would contact me with information on how to fix it.

are you speaking of the watchable app available on X1 set top boxes? if so you can use a browser and follow the link to same site http://www.watchable.com/