Community Forum

why can't I get wwlp on my xfinity to go app

New Poster

why can't I get wwlp on my xfinity to go app

I downloaded Xfinity app on my iPad but I can't get wwlp (either channel 5 or 822) to load/play

Springfield Massachusetts

Regular Visitor

Re: why can't I get wwlp on my xfinity to go app

I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 7 Plus, Galaxy Tab 2, and desktop computer

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

I've been in contact with someone from Xfinity through their Facebook page.They are looking into it but, because it's only one channel, they are having a hard time finding a reason/solution. I also contacted WWLP and they are just as stumped.

New Poster

If you choose channel 5 wwlp on xfinity after you clear all filters, it immediately puts on WGBY 57, the pbs station for the area. Perhaps this can help with the problem? 

Expert

molly1101 wrote:

If you choose channel 5 wwlp on xfinity after you clear all filters, it immediately puts on WGBY 57, the pbs station for the area. Perhaps this can help with the problem? 

does the same thing happen when you tune to the channel using your TV connected to an X1 set top box?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

I was contacted by someone in Xfinity's advanced tech support yesterday. I sent him screenshots of the error messages from all of my devices. Today, 822 is working but 5 goes to WGBY. I called him to let him know this.

Admin1

Hello All -- We have been working on a fix for this issue. We will need to open individual support tickets for anyone still effected by this. Please respond if you are still unable to stream this channel.