Community Forum

why are you cutting to commercial before a commercial break?

Frequent Visitor

why are you cutting to commercial before a commercial break?

Is this just greed pure and simple?? It’s not just one tv go station it’s all of them. seems like you’ve know about it for years and just keep closing threads to shut people up without fixing it. not a good look for a company that already has such a bad reputation. any help is appreciated.
Expert

Re: why are you cutting to commercial before a commercial break?

@Cigarster wrote:
Is this just greed pure and simple?? It’s not just one tv go station it’s all of them. seems like you’ve know about it for years and just keep closing threads to shut people up without fixing it. not a good look for a company that already has such a bad reputation. any help is appreciated.

TVgo 'stations' are links that go to the actual network, it is not a Comcast server. The commercials you see or the 'stand by' screen during commercial breaks are done at the network end. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Well...thanks for the reply. Although, it would seem highly unlikely that the networks would make their own streams unwatchable. May I ask how you know this? Thanks.
Highlighted
Expert

@Cigarster wrote:
Well...thanks for the reply. Although, it would seem highly unlikely that the networks would make their own streams unwatchable. May I ask how you know this? Thanks.

had a long existing problem with foxnews TVgo. worked on it with lots of complaints until Comcast contacted FoxNews and they fixed it. you can view the connection in browsers to see the link is to each provider for TVgo channels. That is why the TVgo channels are counted toward our CAP since it is all internet to the provider not inside comcast's server farm.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks again for the reply. I’m using the tvgo app on an iphone, so i really can’t check the link through it. I’m having the trouble with msnbc but it seems to work fine if i’m using their app instead of the tvgo app, that’s why i’m a little confused as to what is creating the problem.
Expert

@Cigarster wrote:
Thanks again for the reply. I’m using the tvgo app on an iphone, so i really can’t check the link through it. I’m having the trouble with msnbc but it seems to work fine if i’m using their app instead of the tvgo app, that’s why i’m a little confused as to what is creating the problem.

yes, that is the same for the foxnews app. didn't make sense but it appears the 'tvgo' link is not always (by the provider) the same feed as their own 3rd party app.