Community Forum

what if you move to a different location (can't watch away from home message)

Regular Contributor

what if you move to a different location (can't watch away from home message)

I understand that some content can only be streamed from your home wifi network.  However, what if you move to a different location?  Will comcast recognize that or will you get the same message?  When you do move to a different location will it be automatic or is there something you have to do on your end to make sure comcast knows that is your new "home wifi location."  Anyone ever have this experience?

Expert

Re: what if you move to a different location (can't watch away from home message)

Waqas1 wrote:

I understand that some content can only be streamed from your home wifi network.  However, what if you move to a different location?  Will comcast recognize that or will you get the same message?  When you do move to a different location will it be automatic or is there something you have to do on your end to make sure comcast knows that is your new "home wifi location."  Anyone ever have this experience?

by home it means the traffic comes from the modem that is connected to a home account outlet in the billing system. so you move to another Comcast location a block away Comcast sets up your new location keeping your signon username and equipment assigned to your account 'outlet' and that means the answer is yes when you move you keep access.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.