Community Forum

streaming ap only shows purchases

Regular Visitor

streaming ap only shows purchases

When I open the streaming ap on my iPad and iPhone, it only shows me my purchases...and not even all of them.  It doesn't give me the option to watch anything else.

IMG_5314.PNG
Problem Solver

Re: streaming ap only shows purchases

Hi Sam

When you only see Purchases and Downloads in the app, it means your account is inactive. Indeed, this is the status I am seeing for your account in our internal systems. It looks like perhaps you moved recently, and cancelled your old account? If you initiated service at a new address, you will have a different login now.

We recommend logging out of the Xfinity Stream app/website, clearing your cache and cookies, and then log back in with your new account credentials. 

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I was told all my login stuff didn't change. How do I find my new login info?
Expert

Sam7800 wrote:
I was told all my login stuff didn't change. How do I find my new login info?

did you move from one Comcast area to another area served by Comcast? do you have Comcast service at the new location?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes we moved from one side of town to the other had to start new services because the people moving into our old house were Comcast users as well and when they signed up at that address it shut our service off before we could transfer it
Expert

Sam7800 wrote:
Yes we moved from one side of town to the other had to start new services because the people moving into our old house were Comcast users as well and when they signed up at that address it shut our service off before we could transfer it

ok good now we know it is a database account issue that can be fixed shortly. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Thank you!!!! Will do!
Regular Visitor

I haven’t heard anything yet
Official Employee

Hi Sam7800,  I can look into this further for you and sounds like your username wasn't transferred from your old account.  Could you please send me your account information (name on account, address and account number), along with the username you are using to login?

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue. I recently moved a few days ago. When I went into the Roku and brought up the Xfinity Stream Beta (which worked fine at my previous address) — the only thing that comes up after activation is a Purchases screen. I have access to nothing else! Seems like I may have a database issue as well? Please help. Thanks!
Expert

@mikeirish7 wrote:
I am having the exact same issue. I recently moved a few days ago. When I went into the Roku and brought up the Xfinity Stream Beta (which worked fine at my previous address) — the only thing that comes up after activation is a Purchases screen. I have access to nothing else! Seems like I may have a database issue as well? Please help. Thanks!

do your smart devices (iOS/Android) work properly when connected to your home wifi?

New Poster

I seem to be having the same issue.  Started within the last two weeks or so, and the fun part is that I haven't moved.  My Roku is connected via ethernet directly to my Comcast XB6 Router/Gateway.

I have used my main billing account as well as sub-accounts to attempt authentication.  It does "authenticate" but i only ever get a listing of 2 purchased movies, and I'm pretty sure there is more purchased content on my account than 2 movies.

Expert

@bshyp wrote:

I seem to be having the same issue.  Started within the last two weeks or so, and the fun part is that I haven't moved.  My Roku is connected via ethernet directly to my Comcast XB6 Router/Gateway.

I have used my main billing account as well as sub-accounts to attempt authentication.  It does "authenticate" but i only ever get a listing of 2 purchased movies, and I'm pretty sure there is more purchased content on my account than 2 movies.

have you recently moved or have 2 locations with service (separate account numbers)?

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. I moved into a different Comcast region(UT to MN). My original account in UT wasn't shut down when I originally asked to cancel it. So for a few weeks we had 2 active accounts. Eventually UT account was shut down. When I went to create a new account online for our MN account, myxfinity offered both of my locations attached to my old login info. They were both available in a dropdown. So I went to that dropdown to pick my new address to set up billing, etc. But now it's been a month, UT is showing as not active, but still in the dropdown. And when I'm in the MN account I can only access "purchased" shows (I have no purchased shows). How do I activate live tv and ondemand type programming?

Thanks!

Expert

@anncavan wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I moved into a different Comcast region(UT to MN). My original account in UT wasn't shut down when I originally asked to cancel it. So for a few weeks we had 2 active accounts. Eventually UT account was shut down. When I went to create a new account online for our MN account, myxfinity offered both of my locations attached to my old login info. They were both available in a dropdown. So I went to that dropdown to pick my new address to set up billing, etc. But now it's been a month, UT is showing as not active, but still in the dropdown. And when I'm in the MN account I can only access "purchased" shows (I have no purchased shows). How do I activate live tv and ondemand type programming?

Thanks!

An Official Employee will usually respond within 72 hours to your thread. You might want to call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the agent to make changes to your username so it is associated only with your new account/address. If you have purchases, the changes will move the purchases over to your current address/account.

New Poster

Same issue except that we did not move, we simply got a new modem through xfinity. Everything else in the house works well.
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Transferred account to new address. Stream works on all devices except Roku. I can see two purchased movies and get to settings, but nothing else.
New Poster

I am having this issue as well...I was on the phone with 3 different tech support from xfinity last evening, for 2 hours with no success.  I moved literally 300 yards away.  this is so frustrating.  I was told I would have to sign in again, since a new account was created, but it doesn't give me that option.  I am also streaming through a roku stick.  Is it a roku compatibility issue?  It worked great before

Administrator

All,

We apologize that you are experiencing an issue with the Xfinity Stream Website/App. As mentioned by CCLoriHC, if you recently moved and are not seeing your full channel lineup Xfinity Stream may still be accessing your old account. In order to fix this, you must use your new accounts credentials (username and password) to gain access to all your available content. We recommend logging out of the Xfinity Stream Website/App, clear your devices cache and cookies, and then re-log into the Xfinity Stream Website/App with your new account credentials (username and password).

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have been dealing with tech support for over a  week now and no one can seem to get this fixed for me. I can't get anything on my roku (stuck at purchases screen), and I can't even access anything on the xfinity stream website (account mismatch error). I've had issues with my old house when I moved 3 years ago when they tried to set up my service, and to this day my old house still shows up as an available account when i log in with my comcast.net account. For whatever reason when I did the move/transfer service it never moved my service, they just set up a whole new account but tied it all to my login.

I've gotten to level 3 tech support and all they keep saying is that they have refreshed my account. In fact last night I was called and they refreshed my account yet again and told me to try it in about 4 to 5 minutes and then they ended the call. Sure enough, after 5 minutes,  I tried to log in and it was the same thing as always. 

I know it's not a WiFi or modem/router issue because I had it working on my older Roku but when the original tech suggested uninstalling the app from the problem roku it uninstalled it from the other working roku automatically and it lost it's settings.

New Poster

I have the same issue. I have called support at Comcast 2 times and done a chat with no fix. Resets, refresh , unplug , deleteing held data from devices...ect. It worked for a few months then stopped showing old purchased movies only. I don't even recall watching the listed movies but let's not look at sparkly things and stay focused on the task at hand of streaming my xfinity TV through my roku. I have not moved since I started using the roku. But on a budget and like bedroom viewing. HELP!??
Expert

@Tsnow64 wrote:
I have the same issue. I have called support at Comcast 2 times and done a chat with no fix. Resets, refresh , unplug , deleteing held data from devices...ect. It worked for a few months then stopped showing old purchased movies only. I don't even recall watching the listed movies but let's not look at sparkly things and stay focused on the task at hand of streaming my xfinity TV through my roku. I have not moved since I started using the roku. But on a budget and like bedroom viewing. HELP!??

do you have any X1 set top boxes in your home that work? if not, do you subscribe to an Instant Xfinity TV service with the cloud DVR lite service?

New Poster

I don't know why it took me forever to figure this out, but my problem was that my Comcast id was associated with two accounts one of which was my old house.  I think that's what account it chose when I logged in as that user.  After unsuccessfully trying to get Comcast support to remove the stale account from my user id, the fix for me was to create a new user in the "real" account and log in Roku under that user.  Instead of "You haven't purchased anything" there was a guide and actual stuff.