Community Forum

sony android tv not finding xfinity stream app

New Poster

sony android tv not finding xfinity stream app

It's everywhere on the internet that as of 2018 the sony android tv was compatible with the xfinity stream app. I can't get it on Google app, and can't find it with the tv onn any other site. I installed an older model ROKU which it did find but got an error saying the stream app was not compatible. I just paid twice as much for a sony than other brands just so I could use this. VERY ANNOYED that something as simple as this is so hard.Can anyone tell me if Im doing sonthing wrong or if I have made an extremely expensive mistake.

Official Employee

Re: sony android tv not finding xfinity stream app

Hello ntbrown, there is nothing that you did wrong on your end. Our app is not supported on any smart TV or projector. In order to have services on the TV you would need to purchase a cable box. Please feel free to reach back out to me here if you need help adding equipment, or you can always go into a local Comcast service center and pick up a box there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

so what does this mean?  is the app never coming to Sony Android TV?  as ntbrown

noted, there were press announcements in late 2017 that the app will be coming to

Sony Android TV this year.  has that changed?

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello ntbrown, there is nothing that you did wrong on your end. Our app is not supported on any smart TV or projector. In order to have services on the TV you would need to purchase a cable box. Please feel free to reach back out to me here if you need help adding equipment, or you can always go into a local Comcast service center and pick up a box there.

Official Employee

chans_com wrote: so what does this mean?  is the app never coming to Sony Android TV?  as ntbrown

noted, there were press announcements in late 2017 that the app will be coming to

Nothing has changed, we do still have this access coming down the pipeline this year. We just don't have an exact date for the release just yet. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ok; great.  i wanted to clear that up.  thanks for your feedback.

@ComcastAmir wrote:

chans_com wrote: so what does this mean?  is the app never coming to Sony Android TV?  as ntbrown

Nothing has changed, we do still have this access coming down the pipeline this year. We just don't have an exact date for the release just yet. 

@ComcastAmir
Official Employee

chans_com wrote: ok; great.  i wanted to clear that up.  thanks for your feedback.

You're welcome. 

New Poster

This is a Bery typical of Xfinity. I did the same thing - salesperson at store has Sony advertising the xfinity streaming and I bought more expensive TV. AND xfinity sales rep sold me an update to my plan including streaming TV. Told it takes a few days to get setup. A week later can’t find the app. 3 hours on the phone finally got an Xfinity rep to admit the company does not have an app st this point. What a waste. Am testing HULU, DirectTV NOW, YOUTUBE to get live TV. Even if xfinity offers it I won’t ever pay them the money.
New Poster

I guarantee that when/if Xfinity stream app does come to Android TV, it will be fee associated. Think about it though, why would Xfinity take the hit of millions of Americans throwing back their DVRs and cable boxes in exchange for an Android TV app. Highly unlikely...
New Poster

When will the Xfinity app be available for Sony Smart tv users??? I unfortunately don’t have the model with the Android OS, but can use other streaming apps on it.
Expert

@Shaundrick wrote:
When will the Xfinity app be available for Sony Smart tv users??? I unfortunately don’t have the model with the Android OS, but can use other streaming apps on it.

the Roku (many models) is available now if you owuld like to use it (free public beta). there have been no announcements of the stream app being available yet on other devices (even android TV).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

This is untrue. Comcast publically has said they are putting out an Xfinity app, through their Xfinity TV partner program, on Android-equipped Sony TVs.

The press release stated it would be availible sometime in 2018.

https://developer.comcast.com/fileMedia/download/0efbc5ac-0d0b-4381-b711-fa6e4a7e0e13

For what it's worth they made similar announcments in partnership with Samsung, LG, and (of course) Roku at the same time.

New Poster

Your replies not entirely correct Xfinity app is available on Roku TVs I have a smart TV that is Roku with the Xfinity app working just fine but also I have Sony Android and experience in the same thing this client is. It would be nice if we could get a real answer or a phix please.
New Poster

What a scam. They say ‘2018 release’ for Sont Android TVs and here we are end of November and the app is not there yet nor a release date.
Expert

@Gmartano wrote:
What a scam. They say ‘2018 release’ for Sont Android TVs and here we are end of November and the app is not there yet nor a release date.

they will announce when released. your impatience is why they don't announce normally until the change is being released. Let's see what they do in the next month + 5 days.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Is a comcast employee able to update when instant tv app will be available on sony tv, android tv and firestick?

Expert

@sonyuser wrote:

Is a comcast employee able to update when instant tv app will be available on sony tv, android tv and firestick?

they will announce when released. your impatience is why they don't announce normally until the change is being released. Let's see what they do in the next month + 5 days.

Official Employee

Hello All. At this time we do not have any definitive dates ready to announce as to when our Xfinity Stream App for additional Smart TV's will become available. Please stay tuned for future announcements. We will be sure to create an announcement when available. 

You can also visit: https://www.xfinity.com/get-stream

Thank you.