Community Forum

search function on xfinity stream not working

New Poster

search function on xfinity stream not working

the search function on xfinity stream on my roku is not working.  any idea how to fix?

Expert

Re: search function on xfinity stream not working

@robdcrosby22 wrote:

the search function on xfinity stream on my roku is not working.  any idea how to fix?

on the roku menu for 'magnifying glass' when you hit that button do you get the search screen with the letters and numbers to select? if so, try w and a and see if it finds walking dead.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the magnifying glass and can type "wa" to search but it says "No search results.  Try modifying your entry."

New Poster

Browse doesn't work either.  If I choose browse A-Z it says "Adjust filters to see more titles."  I am currently filtering by HD, but I removed that filter and I still received the same response.  I also rebooted my modem.

Expert

@robdcrosby22 wrote:

Browse doesn't work either.  If I choose browse A-Z it says "Adjust filters to see more titles."  I am currently filtering by HD, but I removed that filter and I still received the same response.  I also rebooted my modem.

enter the app. select the gear on-screen and sign out and back in. working now?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Still not working.  Works on my computer, but not Roku.  I also uninstalled and re-installed.  That did not work either.

Expert

@robdcrosby22 wrote:

Still not working.  Works on my computer, but not Roku.  I also uninstalled and re-installed.  That did not work either.

logout out the Xfinity app on roku. then go to home screen on roku and put highlight on the Xfinity stream app. press the * (star) button on roku remote and select remove channel. unplug roku from all power and from the TV for 30 seconds or more. plug back in, install app again and log in. working?

New Poster

still not working.  frustrating.

Expert

@robdcrosby22 wrote:

still not working.  frustrating.

are you using the same userid/password to login to the roku that you are using to log into the streaming website?

New Poster

Sign in does not require a login id and password.  Instead, you are given an access code that needs to be entered into a computer.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello robdcrosby22. I can assist with getting an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you to get the XFINITY Stream app on Roku search issue escalated to our repair team. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and phone number so I can assist. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.