Community Forum

samsung xfinity stream up is missing favorite channels

Frequent Visitor

samsung xfinity stream up is missing favorite channels

samsung xfinity stream up is missing favorite channels. They are there on my DVR, the iPad app and the the windows app.

Expert

Re: samsung xfinity stream up is missing favorite channels

@skiHike wrote:

samsung xfinity stream up is missing favorite channels. They are there on my DVR, the iPad app and the the windows app. 

are you stating that linear (numbered) channels are not showing to be watched or only that the 'favorite' star by the channel name is missing? do you have a favorites setting for the guide? if so, does it show those channels?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hi.  I can see a list of all channels, but there is no option to show favorite(starred) channels only.  Showing favorites only is available on my DVR, iPad and windows app. 

Official Employee

Hi, skiHike - Could you please provide a screenshot of your menu in the Stream App (Samsung)? Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, skiHike - Could you please provide a screenshot of your menu in the Stream App (Samsung)? Thank you!

Ella,

There is no option for "favorite channels".

20180822_154755.jpg20180822_154834.jpg

Is there a way to take a screen shot of the samsung stream app other than with a camera?

p.s.  There is another bug with the samsung app.  Sometimes you can't scroll though your recordings.  The only way to fix is to unplug the tv and start again.  

Official Employee

@skiHike - I thought you are referring to Xfinity Stream App on your Samsung smartphone/tablet. The Xfinity Samsung Smart TV app is still in Beta trial. All channels that are available in your Xfinity TV or Xfinity Instant TV subscription will be displayed. In addition to the Live TV grids, you can discover live programs in galleries based on curated categories, including Kids, Sports and Movies. Currently, the favorite channel selection is not available but I will pass your feedback along the teams. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.