Community Forum

roku ixfinity app error .TVAPP-00306

New Poster

roku ixfinity app error .TVAPP-00306

Unable to watch any of my recent recordings on the Roku xfinity app. Error started yesterday and is still not fixed code. Error .TVAPP-00306
Expert

Re: roku ixfinity app error .TVAPP-00306

@Awalter27 wrote:
Unable to watch any of my recent recordings on the Roku xfinity app. Error started yesterday and is still not fixed code. Error .TVAPP-00306

is the roku in your own home connected to your own home wifi internet?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having the same problem and yes, it's my account, in my house connected to my internet.

I watched another recording this morning and immediately after, I went to watch another one and get the error.  Sorry! Something went wrong, Please try again later.  (error.TVAPP-00306)

Official Employee

All - 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. I'm sorry to hear about the issues happening on the Roku, and I'd be happy to help! To troubleshoot this further together, please send me a PM with your first and last name. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I am having this same problem still.
Official Employee

Has anyone here experiencing this issue had the chance yet to try watching the same recordings on the stream app on a mobile device or anything other than the Roku to see if that works any better?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

As it happens, I just started trying out xfinity with roku to see if I liked it.  I still have my comcast box (an extra box) on the TV set.  I was able to watch the recorded show using the comcast box.  Also I found that the other recorded show I watched via the xfinity app/roku cut off for the first 5+ minutes.  When I went back to the comcast box, the same recorded show was not cut off and started at the correct time.

So.......  Two recorded shows

--Roku app, 1 had the first 5+ minutes cut off and the other I was unable to view and got the TVAPP-00306 error

--Comcast box - both recorded shows play perfectly

Official Employee

@Br3nda wrote: 

As it happens, I just started trying out xfinity with roku to see if I liked it.  I still have my comcast box (an extra box) on the TV set.  I was able to watch the recorded show using the comcast box.  Also I found that the other recorded show I watched via the xfinity app/roku cut off for the first 5+ minutes.  When I went back to the comcast box, the same recorded show was not cut off and started at the correct time.

So.......  Two recorded shows

--Roku app, 1 had the first 5+ minutes cut off and the other I was unable to view and got the TVAPP-00306 error

--Comcast box - both recorded shows play perfectly

Have you tried using the Xfinity Stream app on any other device like your phone or tablet to see if you get the same issue? 

Regular Visitor

It doesn't work on the mobile app either.
Official Employee

Safloore wrote: It doesn't work on the mobile app either.

Thank you for trying, i'd like to look into your DVR settings on my end. To do so I will need some more information, can you please send me your full name and account number via private message? 

New Poster

Another person, same issue. Playing from roku, wifi at home. The android streaming app doesn't work either. I can play other recorded shows though.
Official Employee

Hi Btazbt. Thanks for posting on this thread. Are you experiencing the error with only one particular show? 

I can play other recorded shows though.

New Poster

I get the same error on Roku box for Nos4a2, but not for other shows. I get a different error on the stream app on my phone: Connection Error 3305. Also just for Nos4a2.
Official Employee

@CopperCicleTW - Hello! Could you please check if you get an error message at xfinity.com/stream? Thank you in advance!

Expert

@ComcastElla wrote:

@CopperCicleTW - Hello! Could you please check if you get an error message at xfinity.com/stream? Thank you in advance!

might have been a system wide problem. I am recording and had not tried to stream the episode 1 but failed connection error 3305 on iOS and said to watch on-demand on android and stream TV website. welcome to look at my account and recording. note that episode 2 plays normally.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Rustyben - Based all the feedback we've received in this thread, we don't know if there is an issue specifically for Nos4a2 or for Cloud recordings in general. We need more examples from different customers. Both episodes of Nos4a2 work On Demand on the box and online. 

Regular Visitor

Error TVAPP-00306

DVR recordings are constantly interrupted with this error message when watching on laptop (PC, Windows 10, any browser), or iPad. Super frustrating. Please explain how to correct this. Thanks. 

Official Employee

Re: Error TVAPP-00306

Sorry to hear that, beachwriter1. Does this happen on all DVR recordings or just some recordings in particular? 

Expert

Re: Error TVAPP-00306

@beachwriter1 wrote:

DVR recordings are constantly interrupted with this error message when watching on laptop (PC, Windows 10, any browser), or iPad. Super frustrating. Please explain how to correct this. Thanks. 

adding... are you watching on your own home internet? would you check and see what the DNS is set to for both the PC and ipad?

Frequent Visitor

Why do you all ask the same question. Is it connected to the home network. You just need to reset the account and relink the email adress.  I have had it done several time.  Here again today the system goes down for me. I guess it will take three hours on the phone with xfinity again to have them push a few butttons.

New Poster

I am and it’s a miserable experience. I hate hate hate this app. They conned me into it when I was happy with YouTube TV. Never trust Comcast when they are trying to sell you something. No decent app support for TVs. No Apple app not Amazon Fire app...just a cruddy beta throwing out errors all the time.