Community Forum

roku authorize

New Poster

roku authorize

I am trying to authorize my roku but I keep getting the following when I enter the roku code. Any suggestions? I am using a 3910.

Access not Authorized

You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service.

Expert

Re: roku authorize

@larandmar wrote:

I am trying to authorize my roku but I keep getting the following when I enter the roku code. Any suggestions? I am using a 3910.

Access not Authorized

You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service.

call 800 billing and ask the agent to verify the login you are using is authorized on your account for use with Roku.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Help my Roku not working
Expert

@MaydineDavis wrote:
Help my Roku not working

hi, do you have Cable TV service (set top boxes) and is the Roku located in the home connected to your own home wifi? what error do you see? (message and error number)

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

New Poster

In trying put
New Poster

New Poster

New Poster

Did I finished
New Poster

I nit thecod
New Poster

No puedo activar ruko
New Poster

I mid conde authorize
New Poster

Roku stkck 3600
New Poster

New Poster

New Poster

Expert

you are doing it wrong. the screen shows a web page (not this forum) to type in the number on your screen.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Sorry for the issues you're experiencing. If you are still having issues with Roku activation, please send me a private message verifying the following: 

1. Your first and last name,
  2. The username you are using to log in, 
  3. The name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Can't get our live TV shows, etc. on Xfinity on our extra Roku TV. We have already signed up for this and had authorization in Aug. 2018 and have had no trouble with getting it on this TV.

Now it says we have to sign up again online using code number given.  We do not want to pay extra for anything we have already on our contract.  What do I do?

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, have Comcast cable service and yes, the Roku TV in in our home.

Picture tells us now to "get started" - I click and it gives me Code, but it loooks like there is additional cost, which it should not be.

Expert

@terryweldon wrote:

Can't get our live TV shows, etc. on Xfinity on our extra Roku TV. We have already signed up for this and had authorization in Aug. 2018 and have had no trouble with getting it on this TV.

Now it says we have to sign up again online using code number given.  We do not want to pay extra for anything we have already on our contract.  What do I do?

you appear to have posted 2 times in this thread. sometimes new versions of the Roku stream channel OR updates to Roku software cause you to have to log in again. 

the owner of the account can also request that all streaming devices be deprovisioned. any of these can cause need to log in again. nothing has been announced of the end of the free beta channel on the Roku.

New Poster

How to my do I connect my roku to my Xfinity stream
Expert

@Myrnac4352 wrote:
How to my do I connect my roku to my Xfinity stream

must be in home connected to your own home WIFI, model of Roku must be approved, plug into TV, update firmware of Roku using system menu. then install the Xfinity Stream TV beta app. use a desk/laptop browser to go to the web site on the TV screen for activation.

Official Employee

Please let us know if there are any other questions/concerns that any of you have regarding this service, thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

New Poster

Won't take code no

New Poster

Not acidity customer and I have cablef

New Poster

Not authorized and have cable

New Poster