Community Forum

"Free Movies" listings blank on the "TV Remote app".

Contributor

"Free Movies" listings blank on the "TV Remote app".

It's been that way for a while now, the app will list other movies but not the free ones. I reported this a while back and was told over the phone and via chat that they were looking into it but nothing happened. Shortly after I submitted that report I received a call back from a representative trying to do the same troubleshooting steps that was done over chat which ended up leading to nowhere again "as I figured" since it wasn't an issue with my account because the "free movies" show up fine online, on my X1 box, and on the streaming app they just don't show up on the TV Remote app no matter what device is used. So I figured if I posted here with screenshots maybe the app developers will see it and fix the issue because calling in or chat support did nothing and that was a month ago.
Tags (1)
20180530_160210-1.png
20180530_155822-1.png
20180530_155625-1.png
20180530_155450-1.png
Screenshot_2018-05-30-15-50-18-1.png
Expert

Re: "Free Movies" listings blank on the "TV Remote app".

next time that happens switch to cell data for a minute and see if it updates. (be sure to switch back if measured cell service).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@Rustyben,
"Next time that happens". This section has been blank for years, it has never showed anything there.
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @MissDiagnostics

I'd like too gather more details and reach out to the advanced techs if I need to. Can you please reach out in a private message so I can access your account and begin troubleshooting? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hi @MissDiagnostics

I'd like too gather more details and reach out to the advanced techs if I need to. Can you please reach out in a private message so I can access your account and begin troubleshooting? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

@ComcastChe you can access mine.

Contributor

@Rustyben,

The issue seems to be resolved "for now" after a year and several months lol. You must've gave them access to your account because I couldn't do it anymore. I called about this multiple times, cases were made, nothing was solved, and I wasn't about to go through that again allowing access to my account "for nothing" when it wasn't a 1 person(s)/household issue.