Community Forum

"Delete Recording" box blocks playback on Roku Premiere

New Poster

"Delete Recording" box blocks playback on Roku Premiere

Lately while trying to watch a recording, I randomly see a black message box that says "Delete Recording  You appear to have completed watching ..., would you like to delete it?  Yes  No".   Note that the recording does play, but is obviously unwatchable, although audio is clear.  The screen around the black box is gray, and I can see the When I press the forward or backwards arrows, or FF or Rewind, it actually navigates to "Play", or other options that are not visible.  

Anyone else see this?  Any ideas of how to resolve it?  

Expert

Re: "Delete Recording" box blocks playback on Roku Premiere

@Paulmcc wrote:

Lately while trying to watch a recording, I randomly see a black message box that says "Delete Recording  You appear to have completed watching ..., would you like to delete it?  Yes  No".   Note that the recording does play, but is obviously unwatchable, although audio is clear.  The screen around the black box is gray, and I can see the When I press the forward or backwards arrows, or FF or Rewind, it actually navigates to "Play", or other options that are not visible.  

Anyone else see this?  Any ideas of how to resolve it?  

did the overnight reboot fix this issue? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have this same problem with deleting a recorded program on xfinity stream. The box asking if you want to delete is frozen on the screen and forces me to reboot the streaming app to clear it. This is an annoyance and how can it be fixed?
New Poster

Seeing the same thing after I watch and select yes to delete a show this box pops up on all future shows until I restart the xFinity channel.
Expert

I moved this Roku thread to the Stream TV app area of the forum

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

well if you moved this thread please provide a link to where you moved it. I have this same issue and would like to know where you moved this thread to read all replies 

New Poster

Nothing fixes this issue, this happened around the time of of a nov 2018 dec 2018 update

Expert

@vndkmps wrote:

well if you moved this thread please provide a link to where you moved it. I have this same issue and would like to know where you moved this thread to read all replies 

I did a test and it did delete the recording however playing anything else gave teh same window in front of the current user interface. the window is somehow in memory. I could only get rid of it by exiting the Xfinity Stream TV beta channel and re-entering the channel.

Official Employee

Hello @Paulmcc and others, 

I'd like to gather some details from everyone who is having this issue and then contact the Advanced Tech's to confirm whether or not there is a known issue being investigated for this. If you have not received assistance, please send me a private message including the following information: 

• Your first and last name, 
  • The Roku Premier model number,  
  • The last time this occurred, 
  • A screenshot of what you are seeing on your end. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hello @Paulmcc and others, 

I'd like to gather some details from everyone who is having this issue and then contact the Advanced Tech's to confirm whether or not there is a known issue being investigated for this. If you have not received assistance, please send me a private message including the following information: 

• Your first and last name, 
  • The Roku Premier model number,  
  • The last time this occurred, 
  • A screenshot of what you are seeing on your end. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

you have my info (or get from @ComcastJessie) it is fully repeatable, happens anytime as in my post. Roku Express 3900RW. software 9.0.0 build 4083-51  Stream app (channel) 3.3.2. I just recorded from SD TVland to do the testing and when it finished recording did the test.

Regular Visitor

I a man also having the same issue as others posted,  using the Xfinity Roku Beta

deleting a recording,  selecting another recording,--then a black box appears in the middle of the picture.  We have to exit the app and then re enter.

Official Employee

@Rustyben

For assistance, I will need you to send me a private message with your information. I will have to follow the same process as customers for you as well. 

@Pennyh0824

Thanks for letting us know you are also experiencing this issue. Please send me a private message with the information I requested above, and I can investigate for you as well. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Hey! I'm having the same issue. Just wondering if some has a solution. Thanks in advance.
Official Employee

Hi @gregoryrogers32

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum, and thanks for posting your question. I have not been able to isolate an exact cause for this problem but would be happy to help investigate this for you to help get it resolved. I will need to access your account to check a few things on the back end. 

Can you verify your first and last name in a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message? 

New Poster

This is happening to me as well. The Delete Recording dialogue box is displayed once the show you are watching has ended. Once it’s displayed it overlays anything else that is displayed on the screen until you exit the application and relaunch. Obviously a bug that has been introduced with the latest version of the application.
Official Employee

@Lvella

I can investigate and create a ticket for the Advanced Tech's if needed. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.