Community Forum

online recordings constantly chopped/skipping

Regular Visitor

Re: online recordings constantly chopped/skipping

I am having this same issue; it doesn’t matter if I download the recording or try to stream it (attached are two photos showing the discrepancy). It’s gotten to the point where I only watch DVR recordings of shows I can’t watch On-Demand (cutting off full access to On-Demand for certain programming is dirty pool, BTW) or using the TV app on my iPad. The Stream app has pretty much become a way for me to remind myself to watch shows elsewhere (and IT’S NOT LIKE I CAN CANCEL THE RECORDINGS, is it).
Tags (2)
2AD49662-A3F2-41E6-84A4-760421A706F6.jpeg
4F48728A-B208-46DD-A5BB-4BB0529C8D55.jpeg
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same problem,  missing chunks of time from most of my recordings.      I tried getting help,  but didn't get any replies from comcast,    did you ever get this fixed?   what was the fix?   

My details are in this post: 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Cloud-Recordings-missing-chunks-of-time-skips-a...

Expert

since the 'short' recording happens at the cloud DVR during recording any device playing back the cloud DVR copy will have the seam experience. same goes for downloaded programs as they will have the same version of the program recording.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This is very confusing.  So, we have a DVR, that is only a "sort of" DVR that only records onto the hard drive when the video content doesn't exist on a streaming source?  OR, there is an intermittent sync issue when there is a copy of the content on the DVR and streaming source in the cloud?  I notice that I have recorded the same show, eg, AGT 3 different days, and I have issues on 1 out of 3 recordings (I can't make it through this one, keeps skipping and kicking back to Saved Recordings screen).  Why would the DVR care if there is another copy in a cloud and why is it not recording any show I select to record to the DVR 100% of the time?  I mean, if I want to stream, I will go to a streaming source.  An explanation on how this service is really working would be greatly appreciated.

New Poster

Have these skipping issues been figured out yet? My recordings have been chopped on the cloud for quite some time now but this skipping issue is brand new to me now.

The shows play just fine on my in-home DVR but they skip when I play the recorded shows through the xfinity app. What's wrong with the app?

Expert

@amasteve wrote:

This is very confusing.  So, we have a DVR, that is only a "sort of" DVR that only records onto the hard drive when the video content doesn't exist on a streaming source?  OR, there is an intermittent sync issue when there is a copy of the content on the DVR and streaming source in the cloud?  I notice that I have recorded the same show, eg, AGT 3 different days, and I have issues on 1 out of 3 recordings (I can't make it through this one, keeps skipping and kicking back to Saved Recordings screen).  Why would the DVR care if there is another copy in a cloud and why is it not recording any show I select to record to the DVR 100% of the time?  I mean, if I want to stream, I will go to a streaming source.  An explanation on how this service is really working would be greatly appreciated.

the cloud DVR does not use your own home equipment at all to make recordings. in fact you can unplug all the home equipment and the cloud recordings will still be 'made' (even if shortened). Comcast engineers are working on fixing that problem and some customers have actually written on the forum that they now have good Cloud DVR recordings (the old ones are still 'bad' the new ones are completing normally). the best advice is to be patient as they resolve the issues.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Be patient for nearly SIX MONTHS????!!!!
Seriously that's how far back these complaints go.
I'm looking into another service and Comcast will never fix their issues until customers start leaving. They have a near monopoly in most areas.
But now I have a choice and I'm using it.
New Poster

testing......

New Poster

Hello -

I saw a thread where you had addressed the above referenced issue and as I am having the same problem. I figured I would just reach out to you as well. 

I have a program entitled Bay Area Revelations that should be an hour. And I have watched it at home on my DVR a few times and enjoyed the entire 60 minute program. I am getting ready to go on a trip and I would like to be able to watch this and my other previously recorded/unwatched shows using my stream app without there being any cuts, or just watch the entire show. 

Full Name: Vanessa [edit]
Service Address: [edit]

Account Number: [edit]

if you could please create an Advanced Repair ticket it would be appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Vanessa [edit]

Expert

@msvanessakirk wrote:

Hello -

I saw a thread where you had addressed the above referenced issue and as I am having the same problem. I figured I would just reach out to you as well. 

I have a program entitled Bay Area Revelations that should be an hour. And I have watched it at home on my DVR a few times and enjoyed the entire 60 minute program. I am getting ready to go on a trip and I would like to be able to watch this and my other previously recorded/unwatched shows using my stream app without there being any cuts, or just watch the entire show. 

Full Name: Vanessa [edit]
Service Address: [edit]

Account Number: [edit]

if you could please create an Advanced Repair ticket it would be appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Vanessa [edit]

was the recording just created or had it been a month or so or more ago?

Frequent Visitor

I am also having the same problem. The DVR on the TV shows full recording, but when watching on https://www.xfinity.com/stream/, it chops it down to 20 minutes. (It is a 2 hour show)
I have contacted Comcast SEVERAL times, but they have not resolved the issue.

Expert

@cherchdan wrote:

I am also having the same problem. The DVR on the TV shows full recording, but when watching on https://www.xfinity.com/stream/, it chops it down to 20 minutes. (It is a 2 hour show)
I have contacted Comcast SEVERAL times, but they have not resolved the issue.

if you record a new show now, will it play back normally?

New Poster

Im in the northwest suburbs of chicago and having this same issue for 3days. Recordings are glitching and chopping seconds off.
New Poster

My recordings are doing the same thing. They freeze then jump forward and sometimes back. I am watching them on my DVR.