Community Forum

online recordings constantly chopped/skipping

New Poster

online recordings constantly chopped/skipping

Every show I record and try to watch online is chopped up and skips. A one hour show is chopped to 30 mins and a 2 hour movie is chopped down to 1:20.  This started around the middle of December.  What is the fix?

Expert

Re: online recordings constantly chopped/skipping

greghaynes wrote:

Every show I record and try to watch online is chopped up and skips. A one hour show is chopped to 30 mins and a 2 hour movie is chopped down to 1:20.  This started around the middle of December.  What is the fix?

does the home actual DVR play the recording normally?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Mine does this as well  and has been going on for months. I've had previous issues with the app, so I assumed it was associated with that, but this issue has continued when the other was fixed. The programming will play normally on the DVR, but on the xfinity app or on the website, the program is missing pieces. It's as if whatever is streaming to the app is interrupted, so that the program is not fully recorded.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Official Employee

Hello @greghaynes. I can assist with your XFINITY Stream chopped/skipping issue, and help open an Advanced Repair ticket for your issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

I am having the same issue...does not matter if I download to a mobile device or watch on the DVR itself at home.  It seems when each event happens, I lose approximately 7-15 seconds of video.  I was able to time it while watching recorded basketball games where the in-game clock will jump.

Would like to get this fixed.

Thanks.

Expert

wrote:

I am having the same issue...does not matter if I download to a mobile device or watch on the DVR itself at home.  It seems when each event happens, I lose approximately 7-15 seconds of video.  I was able to time it while watching recorded basketball games where the in-game clock will jump.

Would like to get this fixed.

Thanks.

@ComcastJoeTru will soon look in on this thread. are you by chance in CA or in the Chicago-Mn, St Paul area?

Official Employee

Hi @macenric. I'd like to get you an Advanced Repair ticket open for the skipping recordings issue as well. At this time, we do not have a "known issue fix" for this, and we are still treating this on a case by case basis. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

yes it does

Official Employee

yes it does

greghaynes, do you still need help with this? If so, please shoot me a private message. 

New Poster

I continue to have this same issue, although it occurs with only some recordings, not all. For example I have "This is Us" and "Blue Bloods" episodes recorded at home this week. "This is Us" shows as only 37 minutes out of roughly a 1 hour program. "Blue Bloods" played normally. I've uninstalled and re-installed the Xfinity Stream App, and have the 4.8.1 version, which is the latest. If you can help, please do.

Expert

@@Ukecrazygu wrote:Ukecrazyguy wrote:

I continue to have this same issue, although it occurs with only some recordings, not all. For example I have "This is Us" and "Blue Bloods" episodes recorded at home this week. "This is Us" shows as only 37 minutes out of roughly a 1 hour program. "Blue Bloods" played normally. I've uninstalled and re-installed the Xfinity Stream App, and have the 4.8.1 version, which is the latest. If you can help, please do.

hi, please follow the directions in the post just before yours.

Official Employee

Hi @Ukecrazyguy.  I can assist with your Stream app skipping issues as well. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

I am having this same issue when trying to stream my dvr programs on my phone. Was there a fix uncovered yet? I just updated to the latest version and still having the same issue

Expert

@Thaigrrrl wrote:

I am having this same issue when trying to stream my dvr programs on my phone. Was there a fix uncovered yet? I just updated to the latest version and still having the same issue

please follow the direcdtions in the post just before your post.

Official Employee

Thaigrrrl, got your message. I'll respond there. 

KenF

New Poster

I’m having the same problem! What’s the fix?
Expert

@Shadyglen1 wrote:
I’m having the same problem! What’s the fix?

scroll up to the 2/12 reply by @ComcastJoeTru and send him the information requested in his post.

Official Employee

Hi Shadyglen1.  I can assist with your Stream app skipping issues as well. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem.  I sent a PM w/my pertinent information but haven't gotten a reply back yet.

Expert

@MsKrystin wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  I sent a PM w/my pertinent information but haven't gotten a reply back yet.

please follow the directions in the post directly before your post.

Official Employee

MsKrystin, I got your post on the other thread and have responded to your private message. We can continue there. 

KenF

New Poster

I'd like to have you take a look for me as well, I've had the same issue for months now

Regular Visitor

@ukecrazyguy - Did you receive a solution?
New Poster

I'm suddenly having this skipping problem too now.  Never an issue before last night.  Help?  

Thank you!

New Poster

I am having and have been having skipping problems on my DVR and my app/computer.   Would love to send a private message to Joe but I can't figure out how.  When I tap on Send Message it gives me a blank screen.

New Poster

I am having the same issues on my in-home DVR and the app. Mine started a few months ago.
New Poster

I am having the same exact issue. My recorded shows are skipping. I am using Xfinity Stream on my Roku. Pay for the live TV service. The technician was just at my home the other day making sure everything was right since I've had so many problems. It just started working well...And now this. Ugh. How do I private message on here? I need help before I throw in the towel on all things Comcast.
Expert

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. Recorded shows on my Roku TV and iPhone skip all the time. Impossible to watch shows. I don’t have any issue on the actual X1 box tho. Very frustrating.
New Poster

Having this same issue.

New Poster

I am also having this issue.
New Poster

My recordings are skippng too! I messaged the worker above. Please help! I literally paid $120 to cancel my ATT service because of this same issue. And I've had nothing but trouble with my Xfinity Stream service now too. What a nightmare!! 

Expert

it is a national problem but seems to affect the northeastern states area more often. Comcast has not given an estimated time of repair.

New Poster

Hi,

My DVR is having the same issue where a recording will say the full show recorded but when I go to play it it loses upwards of 10 to 15 minutes. Also, some of the recordings will skip around but the time stays normal. This doesn’t happen on every recording but it’s annoying on the ones it does affect. Please help!

New Poster

What is the fix???? Mine are skipping like crazy. What’s the solution ??
Expert

@Tlf8888 wrote:
What is the fix???? Mine are skipping like crazy. What’s the solution ??

see my post 2 above your post

New Poster

I am having the same problem as well. This issue happens with recording on multiple channels, different time of day, and when I play the recordings my the main DVR device. This is incredibly frustrating for the exorbatant amount of money I pay for my monthly bill.

New Poster

I keep seeing post after post of this happening.  I also keep seeing "send me a PM"   This is obviously a widespread issue.  Can we not get an open message on what the problem is and how to fix?

Contributor

I'm having the same problem as well. I can't figure out how to send a direct message send my info.
Expert

@melias31 wrote:
I'm having the same problem as well. I can't figure out how to send a direct message send my info.

try again now.

Contributor

Yea I still can't send private messages. There isn't an envelope icon in the top right.
Regular Visitor

Same here! Comcast doesn’t have an answer for it!
New Poster

Note: this is still an issue. At this point, streaming DVR is not a legitimate feature.
New Poster

From what I've read over the last hour or so, this is a pretty widespread problem.  There is another thread on these forums that talks about this in a little more detail:

New Poster

Having same problem, very, very aggravating.  Also, now I am being kicked out of the recording and back to live tv, DVR does not allow fast forwarding to "kick out" time. Does anyone know if this will be fixed any time soon?  Did I mention this is incredibly aggravating?

Expert

@amasteve wrote:

Having same problem, very, very aggravating.  Also, now I am being kicked out of the recording and back to live tv, DVR does not allow fast forwarding to "kick out" time. Does anyone know if this will be fixed any time soon?  Did I mention this is incredibly aggravating?

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

New Poster

I am having this same issue as well. I’ve been having it for months now. How can I fix this? I feel like it’s getting worse. I am in the Chicago area.
New Poster

I am having the same issues. Even when I download a recording rather than stream it, the recording is severely chopped off (i.e. An hour recording becomes 34 minutes). Seeing that this has been an issue for so long without a published fix is concerning. I am from the west coast area. I watch a good portion of my programming via my iPad app, and I've been going to the networks' websites to watch, which makes me feel like I'm paying all this money for xfinity for nothing...

New Poster

Having this issue as well. I've tried to send a private message to the comcast people above but it's not allowing me to. Why is there no fix for this yet?? Looks like this issue has been happening since January for some people. I tend to avoid this app because I've always thought it STUNK (I had to revise and 'clean up my language'), giving me error messages often. Now it's essentially useless if it's missing half the show due to skips. Why am I paying so much money again??