Community Forum

iPhone8: Xfinity Stream won't install, but works at app store.

Contributor

iPhone8: Xfinity Stream won't install, but works at app store.

I can't get the Xfinity Stream app to install for my Dad's iPhone 8.  I go to the App Store and search comcast and scroll down to xfinity Streaming and it only says open.  It works fine for me, but my Dad needs it on the home screen.  I thought I installed it previously when he purchased the phone last month.

I tried uninstalling it in setting and storage says it is not installed.  All other apps seem to be listed.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Expert

Re: iPhone8: Xfinity Stream won't install, but works at app store.

@MarkJohnson wrote:

I can't get the Xfinity Stream app to install for my Dad's iPhone 8.  I go to the App Store and search comcast and scroll down to xfinity Streaming and it only says open.  It works fine for me, but my Dad needs it on the home screen.  I thought I installed it previously when he purchased the phone last month.

I tried uninstalling it in setting and storage says it is not installed.  All other apps seem to be listed.

Not sure what to do at this point.

to move to a particular page press and hold the icon until it starts 'shaking' then move it to the page you desire. to delete the app, when icon is shaking press the X on the icon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

There is no app icons for it.

I can only access the app from the store by clicking OPEN.

I can't get it on any of the home screen pages.

Expert

@MarkJohnson wrote:

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

There is no app icons for it.

I can only access the app from the store by clicking OPEN.

I can't get it on any of the home screen pages.

to find an installed app, from a page  of apps pull down from the middle of the page of apps. in the search type "Stream Xfinity" as you type when you get down to one icon (the stream app) the folder the app is in will be listed to the right of the icon. then find that folder and touch it and look through the pages of the folder to find the app.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Yea, one step closer.

I followed your instructions in the first part and found the app.  But the rest didn't apply.  Nothing on the right.  But here's what the screen looks like:

24.jpeg
Expert

@MarkJohnson wrote:

Yea, one step closer.

I followed your instructions in the first part and found the app.  But the rest didn't apply.  Nothing on the right.  But here's what the screen looks like:

OK your image shows that the app is not hidden from view inside a folder. look for that icon on each page beginning at page one and scroll to right until you find it.

Contributor

Yes, my dad said it was on his phone a little after I left this message.  Not sure why it suddenly showed up without doing anything.  All I did was look at the page and take a screen shot.  but, it's working fine.

Thank you very much for your help.