Community Forum

how to turn off Auto-Authentication

New Poster

how to turn off Auto-Authentication

I want to turn off the auto-authentication feature when accessing a network website, like HBO GO, from my laptop.  Supposedly this can be done from "My Account", but I can't find any mention of auto-authentication under My Account.  Any help would be appreciated

Expert

Re: how to turn off Auto-Authentication

rclark_3505 wrote:

I want to turn off the auto-authentication feature when accessing a network website, like HBO GO, from my laptop.  Supposedly this can be done from "My Account", but I can't find any mention of auto-authentication under My Account.  Any help would be appreciated

using a desk/laptop https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile?tokenServiceStatus=success

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

rclark_3505, if you delete cache and cookies from your web browser, those sites won't have anything to auto authenticate. 

New Poster

Thanks v. much!  The link you provided led directly to the page allowing auto-authenticate to be turned off.  I'm still puzzled however ... if I start at the "MyAccounts" page, which path of menu choices lead you to the "auto-authenticate" page?  

Official Employee

Hi rclark_3505,

Here's the steps you would take if needed in the future:

MY account> users> Click on edit on "Two-Step Verification"> toggle on/off

it is under "Secret question" 

I hope this helps.