Community Forum

how to fix Error TVAPP-00408

New Poster

how to fix Error TVAPP-00408

How do I fix Error TVAPP-00408? I am able to stream live tv but nothing from On Demand, although was able to do so as recently as a few weeks ago. Lately, nothing plays, and the same error code pops up. It doesn't matter if I'm trying to stream from my own home or from a hotel. 

Thanks....

Carol

Expert

Re: how to fix Error TVAPP-00408

@casayn2 wrote:

How do I fix Error TVAPP-00408? I am able to stream live tv but nothing from On Demand, although was able to do so as recently as a few weeks ago. Lately, nothing plays, and the same error code pops up. It doesn't matter if I'm trying to stream from my own home or from a hotel. 

Thanks....

Carol

the previous question with that error number was from someone outside of USA. are you outside of USA or using a VPN?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same issue, I am currently outside the US.  I am in Spain, I dont recall ever encountering this issue in the past when on vacation.

Expert

@MromeroEducates wrote:

I have the same issue, I am currently outside the US.  I am in Spain, I dont recall ever encountering this issue in the past when on vacation.

no streaming service is allowed outside of USA. you can download to smart devices while in USA and playback overseas or where there is no internet.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same issue in my house in Washington state. I do travel abroad but the issue I have is at home or elsewhere here in the US. I am not able to stream anything any more so wondering if it's some setting on my Mac that went haywire.

New Poster

Similar problem using pc laptop in US.  Stream keeps cutting out and a pain to get it started again to play another 5 minutes before it stops again.  No answer found in any of the responses.

New Poster

Same error code on my laptop--can't stream out of home (in Chicago).

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number
OS
Windows 7
Browser
Chrome 72.0.3626.109
Flash version
Status
away from home
Entitlements
clinear, tve-vod, est, tve-linear, cvod, transactions
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_5.5.0_prod_1550616873314_3456
Stream provider
primetime
Highlighted
New Poster

Figures.  I tried it again and it's working.