Community Forum

error code 12012

New Poster

error code 12012

Hi, I had Comcast at my house yesterday to fix my Home phone service. Whatever he did caused my internet to stop working. He fixed that too and off he went. After dinner, I tried to watch NBC sports Philly on my stream tv app on my cell phone and the error code 12012 pops up. Every other channel on the app works except the 1 channel I watch all the time on my phone. This channel works on my tv. Channel 31 and the HD version 847 do not work on all devices in our house via the stream tv app. Again, this just happened after the rep fixed my Home phone. Has this happened to anyone else? I was on the phone with tech support for an hour and she couldn't figure it out. We tried removing the app and reinstalling, Rebooting the x1 platform, logging out of the app and back in... Help

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: error code 12012

pearlett wrote:

Hi, I had Comcast at my house yesterday to fix my Home phone service. Whatever he did caused my internet to stop working. He fixed that too and off he went. After dinner, I tried to watch NBC sports Philly on my stream tv app on my cell phone and the error code 12012 pops up. Every other channel on the app works except the 1 channel I watch all the time on my phone. This channel works on my tv. Channel 31 and the HD version 847 do not work on all devices in our house via the stream tv app. Again, this just happened after the rep fixed my Home phone. Has this happened to anyone else? I was on the phone with tech support for an hour and she couldn't figure it out. We tried removing the app and reinstalling, Rebooting the x1 platform, logging out of the app and back in... Help

Go here - https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices and verify the serial number listed for your cable modem matches what is listed on your cable modem. If not, call support and let them know.

New Poster

Thank You. Everything matches. I did just call my son, who lives 20 minutes away, and had him check his stream tv app to see if Channel 31 or 847 works and he is getting the same error code. This tells me maybe the problem is with the channel.

Expert

pearlett wrote:

Thank You. Everything matches. I did just call my son, who lives 20 minutes away, and had him check his stream tv app to see if Channel 31 or 847 works and he is getting the same error code. This tells me maybe the problem is with the channel.

using the my account app, select the TV tab and touch the link at the top of the page for subscribed channels list. do both those channels show on that list? if so, call 800-Comcast and ask for billing department. Ask the billing agent to do a deep account background refresh (takes up to an hour to complete). 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.