Community Forum

createDrmSession.403-102 error on Roku devices

Regular Visitor

createDrmSession.403-102 error on Roku devices

I just had Xfinity installed yesterday.  I'm using my own modem and wireless router.  Intenet and phone service work great and I have 3 Roku devices (2 streaming sticks and a TCL TV) that are all able to stream Netwflix and other apps, but am getting this error after activating the device successfully?   What is the fix for this?  One of the primary reasons I switched to Comcast was to able to use this app an dnot have to rent boxes...

Official Employee

Re: createDrmSession.403-102 error on Roku devices

Welcome to our community, nortsnorts! We might have incorrect modem information in our back end system that caused a 403-102 error message. A simple reprovisioning reset from our side should fix it. I see that you already sent me a private message and I just replied back few minutes ago. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello! 

I am having the same issues as well with my Roku saying I am not connected to Xfinity in home wifi as well as my desktop not recognizing it. 

May I send you a message to get this corrected as well?

Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi, laemilyb! Of course! Feel free to send me a private message with your full name and I will check your account. Could you please also include a CM/HFC Mac address of your modem? 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Done! 

Thanks for the assistance.

Regular Visitor

Having the same error using my Roku streaming+ stick on one TV and the xfinity app installed on a samsung smart TV.  Any new news or help?

Thanks

Expert

@wertydc wrote:

Having the same error using my Roku streaming+ stick on one TV and the xfinity app installed on a samsung smart TV.  Any new news or help?

Thanks

does a desk/laptop have the issue? did you try streaming on an apple/android smart device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

the support call center called this evening telling me it was fixed.  The creatDrmSession403-102 no longer shows up.  Now I can get into the app on my Roku and my samsung TV and view TV.  Now I am back to the original issue (before is started getting the createDrm error).  I can see SD channels, but cannot see any HD channels.  Additionally, the SD channels fill only about 60% of the screen.

Using laptop or android phone, I can see HD channels and all seems working fine.  Running through the Roku or Samsung TV (connected to my home WIFI) I still dont get HD channels.

3+ hours with phone support made things worse, then back to where I started.  Now i am waiting on an arbitrary call back.

Thanks for replying.  Do you have any ideas I can try?

@Rustyben wrote:

@wertydc wrote:

Thanks

does a desk/laptop have the issue? did you try streaming on an apple/android smart device?

Expert

@wertydc wrote:

the support call center called this evening telling me it was fixed.  The creatDrmSession403-102 no longer shows up.  Now I can get into the app on my Roku and my samsung TV and view TV.  Now I am back to the original issue (before is started getting the createDrm error).  I can see SD channels, but cannot see any HD channels.  Additionally, the SD channels fill only about 60% of the screen.

Using laptop or android phone, I can see HD channels and all seems working fine.  Running through the Roku or Samsung TV (connected to my home WIFI) I still dont get HD channels.

3+ hours with phone support made things worse, then back to where I started.  Now i am waiting on an arbitrary call back.

Thanks for replying.  Do you have any ideas I can try?

@Rustyben wrote:

@wertydc wrote:

Thanks

did you tune to the HD linear channel number? for example tune to a local NBC channel's SD and HD channel numbers on your Roku, does HD fill the screen? try CNN or foxnews SD and HD, do the images show different sizes? what is the output (in Roku settings) of the Roku settings (example 720P or 1080P)?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

did you tune to the HD linear channel number? for example tune to a local NBC channel's SD and HD channel numbers on your Roku, does HD fill the screen? try CNN or foxnews SD and HD, do the images show different sizes? what is the output (in Roku settings) of the Roku settings (example 720P or 1080P)?

Unfortunately that is the problem.  The HD Linear channel numbers are not available on the guide or search in the APP.  I can see the local CBS (ch. 11) in the guide and watch it but I cannot see CBSHD (ch. 1011 or 611) in the guide.  They are there when I log on and stream through my phone or computer.  

It seems like something the comcast support folks can just turn on, but they have not been able to do it yet.  I'll keep pinging them.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi, wertydc! Glad to hear that the issue with 403.102 error message got resolved. I'm trying to find more information regarding HD channels for Roku/Samsung Smart TV Stream apps. Have you tried to filter channels by choosing High Definition  only? It can be accessed from Live TV & Browse by pressing * on the remote. 

New Poster

With all of the customers trying to use this service at home on their Roku TV, I guess I may have to go back to rabbit ears. I am in a hotel with Xfinity service and I bought a Roku TV for my room since that is what I felt like doing. Anyhow, I get this error stating the same thing about the device only being accessed to my in-home WiFi. If I was in my home, using my in home WiFi then wouldn't I just turn the television on and go to the channel I want to watch? Xfinity won't even allow me to mirror the app to the television and figures I can buy a magnifying glass to watch TV. Is there any hope? <Edited> I'm not mad. I'm disappointed.

Official Employee

Hi, tthorsen1970! Thank you for posting. The live stream won't be available in the hotel. You have to be on your home network. It's a general rule for the Xfinity Stream app for all devices. Please refer to this article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-tv-streaming. We don't allow to mirror the content due to copyrights regulations. We don't own the content. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

New Poster

How can I send you a message. I am having the same issue at home. ROKU and Stream app wont connect. Have no live TV. No equipment shows up on the my account app. It was working fine friday.  I have my desktop hard connected and it doesn't recognize the internet signal. 

Official Employee

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum, norman_grover2! Just click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. I need your full name, account holder's name, the CM/HFC Mac of your modem. I will check your account and troubleshoot the 403-102 issue.  

New Poster

having the same problem with my Roku tv

New Poster

I’m having this same error just returned COMCAST modem and using my own modem
Official Employee

Hi, Haddadinm! Thank you so much for reaching out to us! If you just switched the modem, we just need to update your information at the backend. I got your private message and will reply back in a minute. 

New Poster

I’m having this error code on devices that are connected to my home network. How do I fix this?
Official Employee

Welcome to our community, Scarznstripes! Did you make any changes to your account recently? 

New Poster

not since January. Our apps have worked fine over the last week until today that I’m aware of
Official Employee

@Scarznstripes - Got you, thank you for letting me know. I will need to take a closer look at your account. Could you please send me a private message with your first and last name? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

New Poster

I started getting the same issue today on my Roku at home. It was working fine until yesterday. I restarted the modem via the iPhone app and see that it is connected (green). The app works fine on my iPhone, but Roku keeps giving me the error even after authorizing again.

New Poster

Good god please help. I have the 403-102 error after a move across town. I have spent hours on the phone and talked to no less than 4 people who keep passing my call around with no solution. I am about to cancel my service and file a complaint with the FCC because of the way I have been treated. Clearly people have this issue..why is a fix or explanation available? Of course I have no privileges to contact anyone on this board who can help  (@comcastella). So I am stuck here with nothing to do but consider how what I will write on Facebook about this awful experience. What a nightmare....@comcastella

Expert

@mclifton wrote:

Good god please help. I have the 403-102 error after a move across town. I have spent hours on the phone and talked to no less than 4 people who keep passing my call around with no solution. I am about to cancel my service and file a complaint with the FCC because of the way I have been treated. Clearly people have this issue..why is a fix or explanation available? Of course I have no privileges to contact anyone on this board who can help  (@comcastella). So I am stuck here with nothing to do but consider how what I will write on Facebook about this awful experience. What a nightmare....@comcastella

temporary fix: create a new email account with privelege of using TV service not removed and login with that new username. the problem with your old username is that it currently must point to both service addresses and accounts. the new username will only be atttached to your current account/address.

New Poster

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I did this as well as had a refresh on my account. 24 hours later it is working. Thus I cannot identify the exact solution but what you wrote has merit so thank you!!!
Regular Visitor

Hi @ComcastElla I am having the same error message from Roku. createDrmSession.403-102 error on Roku devices. However, I am unable to figure out how to send PM to you for help with this problem. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem and a ticket Elevated to third level.   Can you help?

New Poster

Hi I’m having the same problem
Expert

@Kdickey1080 wrote:
Hi I’m having the same problem

did you try creating a new email account with your comcast.net and use that to login? working?

Official Employee

Hello All, 

Sorry for the experience you're having. If you are still receiving the Drm error code, please try creating a secondary email address and let me know if you still get the error. If so, this is a temporary resolution, but I'd like to get the overall issue fixed. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, and I will start troubleshooting. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

New Poster

I have the Roku and my XFINITY streaming was working then my sister tried to add a device and I lost mine when trying to reinstall i get this above error createDrmSession.403-102. How do i fix this?
Official Employee

Mwmickey, thanks for posting. Please follow these steps and let me know if the issue persists: 

1. Restart Roku
2. Uninstall Stream app
3. Restart Roku
4. Install Stream app
5. Restart Roku

Expert

adding... you can add many devices that can be used per account, but the max is 5 streaming devices at any one time if you have X1 set top box(es) in your home. without a set top box (instant TV) the limit is 2.

New Poster

Hello so I tried all of those steps and I still get the error. It says this device can only access xfinity stream on your in home xfinity WiFi which confuses me since I’m in my home and on my WiFi. It worked before then my sister bought one and tried to install hers not knowing it needed to be on the same account and then it totally messed mine up.
Official Employee

Mwmickey, how many devices are using the same account?

New Poster

Can you please help me with this?  I got a new modem and started having problems with this on all Rokus in my home.  I have a terrible help desk person who is blaming the Roku.  She claims to have entered the modem into my account but it is not fixed.

Expert

@joanR5359 wrote:

Can you please help me with this?  I got a new modem and started having problems with this on all Rokus in my home.  I have a terrible help desk person who is blaming the Roku.  She claims to have entered the modem into my account but it is not fixed.

use the Xfinity my account app, internet tab and select the modem shown. does the 'serial number' match your current modem's HFC MAC address?

New Poster

I am having this same issue.  I spent an hour and a half yesterday with support on the phone and they could not correct ths issue.  Can you please assist?

Official Employee

Hello @jeremy2899, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're experiencing with the Stream app on your Roku. Are you receiving the same exact error message and did you happen to add any additional Roku devices to your home? 

New Poster

I’m having this error too. Just moved. Worked fine for 2 days. Now nothing.
Official Employee

I’m having this error too. Just moved. Worked fine for 2 days. Now nothing.

Hi michael82do! Thanks for posting about your Roku Stream App error. createDRM Session.403-102 error is an "out of home error" message. Have you used the Roku on more than one XFINITY account or used a Roku that has been used on another account? If so, please sign out of the existing XFINITY Account and then connect the new XFINITY account to the Roku device. 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla I started getting this error today on my Roku after being asked to reauthorize the device. It previously worked fine for over a year with no hardware changes. I've tried logging out and reinstalling the app without success. I can still access Xfinity Stream on my iPhone on the same network. I've verified that I'm connecting to the correct WiFi network. I've got a customer owned modem, and I've checked on the equipment page that the correct model and serial number are listed under my account. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi All, 

If you receive an Out of Home error message (Error createDrmSession.403-102), sign out of the existing Xfinity account then connect the new Xfinity account to the Roku device. If that doesn't work, please let me know!

New Poster

I just did as what was just instructed and logged out.. I signed in with new authorization code and still was denied access.. My error states that "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFI"... I don't have XFinity WiFi and all of my connected devices are hardwired throughout my house. I have own my modem.. Why were things working well up to several days ago and none of my devices.. Samsung TV, Roku TV or my Roku HD box, can use this app...

Frequent Visitor

I have tried every suggestion, including YouTube and talking to an Xfinity rep. Still can't connect to Xfinity Beta using my Roku TV
Expert

@Nansee wrote:
I have tried every suggestion, including YouTube and talking to an Xfinity rep. Still can't connect to Xfinity Beta using my Roku TV

are you seeing the 403-102 error or something else?

Frequent Visitor

Hi Rustyben,

Yes, I get the error 403-102.  I have called Comcast/Xfinity which did not help.  I can stream on my phone and laptop but not on my Roku TV.  I have looked at the different suggestions posted on this forum, but nothing works.  

Thank you for any suggestions!

Nansee

Expert

@Nansee wrote:

Hi Rustyben,

Yes, I get the error 403-102.  I have called Comcast/Xfinity which did not help.  I can stream on my phone and laptop but not on my Roku TV.  I have looked at the different suggestions posted on this forum, but nothing works.  

Thank you for any suggestions!

Nansee

ok that is very specific. A comcast employee will reply here usually within 72 hours of your original post. they will verify your information with you then fix the back office databases that allow your roku to work with your account.