Community Forum

createDrmSession.403-102 error on Roku devices

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: createDrmSession.403-102 error on Roku devices

Hi everyone. For those of you continuing to experience problems with this, please go ahead and send me a private message with your name (first and last) so I can attempt to re-sync your account with our database to see if we can re-establish service for you that way. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi. 

My xfinity streams on all of my devices,  except my Roku on my TV.  Can you help?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am in the same boat!  I worked with an Xfinity rep from the Community Forum but she was not able to reolve the issue so she put a ticket in for me to get help from the 3rd Tier.  I spent about 30 minutes talking to 3rd Tier today with the same outcome  and he said that there was nothing more that he could do.  He recommended that when I have more time to call back and talk to the Advanced Tier and he promised that they would be able to resolve the issue.  I know why this is in Beta!  I'll see if the Advance Team can resolve the issue.

Highlighted
New Poster

help! same error as the rest of you. tried calling but got stuck in the infinte loop of robot questions. how do i resolve this error? both rukos spit the same error when trying to access xfinity stream beta. DRM SESSION 403-102. Yournt connected to xfinity wifi. i own my own modem and it was registered to my account in store. all other devices can access wifi. even my roku. just cant get into this one particular app.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I had an Xfinity rep, I think was not an employee, reach out to me and said that they would contact tech support for me.  I believe that Xfinity reviews all comments posted on the Community Forum.

Highlighted
New Poster

Another user with the same problem.  New Comcast customer.  Using customer-owned equipment.  The "serial number" of my Voice & Data Router matches the WAN MAC, not the CM Mac as some people have suggested. 

Was on the phone for 2.5 hours with Comcast Support just to get the Router up & running - got stuck in a loop getting bounced between 1st & 2nd level....  I gave them all three MAC addresses (WAN, eMTA & CM) on my device and eventually they got it working.

Now I'm trying to set up a Roku and it's not working. 

Yes, I've gone through several cycles of installing / uninstalling / rebooting the Roku & TV. 

Yes, I've rebooted the router again & again.

Can one of the Comcast Reps on here check the back-end DB for me (just let me know who & I'll PM).

Please don't make me spend another evening stuck in the "phone support loop"...

Highlighted
Expert

@rudolph1961 wrote:

Another user with the same problem.  New Comcast customer.  Using customer-owned equipment.  The "serial number" of my Voice & Data Router matches the WAN MAC, not the CM Mac as some people have suggested. 

Was on the phone for 2.5 hours with Comcast Support just to get the Router up & running - got stuck in a loop getting bounced between 1st & 2nd level....  I gave them all three MAC addresses (WAN, eMTA & CM) on my device and eventually they got it working.

Yes, I've gone through several cycles of installing / uninstalling / rebooting the Roku & TV. 

Can one of the Comcast Reps on here check the back-end DB for me (just let me know who & I'll PM).

does a smart phone/tablet work in home on the xfinity stream TV app?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Did you figure out how to fix this issue?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No, I did not.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Good morning!

My issue was a bit of a unique situation but got fixed as my email address is attached to two accounts.  I could not access the stream as it was connecting to the wrong account.  Morgan patiently worked with me.  It is now working when I provided her with my new email.   Can you get a message to her to let he know that I can now stream.  I am not able to send her emails anymore as it says that I am not authorized.

Thank you!

Nan Ross

nancross3@comcast.net

Highlighted
New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@rudolph1961 wrote:

Apologies for the delay - I was called away on business unexpectedly.

On a smartphone on the Wifi the Streaming App doesn't work for cable channels.  Only the OTA channels will work.  On a cable channel like HGTV or ESPN the "Watch" icon is grayed out and there's a message asking me to "Connect to in-home Wifi"..... which I am connected to.  I even have my mobile data turned off to prevent the Stream from jumping to the mobile network.

Highlighted
Expert

@rudolph1961 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@rudolph1961 wrote:

Apologies for the delay - I was called away on business unexpectedly.

On a smartphone on the Wifi the Streaming App doesn't work for cable channels.  Only the OTA channels will work.  On a cable channel like HGTV or ESPN the "Watch" icon is grayed out and there's a message asking me to "Connect to in-home Wifi"..... which I am connected to.  I even have my mobile data turned off to prevent the Stream from jumping to the mobile network.

call 800-Comcast, select cable tv support, ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the app team member to refresh your stream app entitlements.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Having the same issue. Just got a new modem/router from the XFinity store...

Highlighted
Expert

@stobss wrote:

Having the same issue. Just got a new modem/router from the XFinity store...

it can take 24 hours to update all the back office databases so your internet apps work properly. if you like you can speed it up by calling 800-comcast and select billing. ask the agent to check to be sure your modem is on the account and old one removed, and then ask for a deep account background database refresh. If the agent doesn't understand ask for a supervisor. takes up to an hour to complete the update. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

when i click on your name, i am not seeing any place to send private message. We changed modems and now xfinity roku app is not working. Xfinity reps may not have updtaed modem settings correctly, as "serial number" listed in my account does not match the actual serial number of the router. Can someone help

Highlighted
Expert

@huckster26 wrote:

when i click on your name, i am not seeing any place to send private message. We changed modems and now xfinity roku app is not working. Xfinity reps may not have updtaed modem settings correctly, as "serial number" listed in my account does not match the actual serial number of the router. Can someone help

no idea who you were replying to (don't PM me). Call 800-comcast and select billing. ask the agent to update your gateway/modem account 'serial number' the numbers on the bottom of your modem will be needed.

Highlighted
New Poster

Dear Sir or Madam .....

I have several Roku Express 3900X devices conencted to different model TVs.  I have ran the Xfinity Stream Beta app in these multiple Rokus and TV for over a year or so without a problem.  Yesterday (10/4/19), suddenly all the instances of the Xfinity Stream Beta in all the roku devices say the following when initiating: "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-hone Xfinity WiFi"".  Error "createDrmSesssion.403-102".  BUT all the Rokus and TVs are ON the Xfinity home wifi just as the did for over a year now.  What changed??? all the devices having the same problem all at once???  I saw other postings in the forum and unlike those postings I did not change modems.  I have been using Xfinity equipment all along.

Please help

Highlighted
Expert

@HONE11 wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam .....

I have several Roku Express 3900X devices conencted to different model TVs.  I have ran the Xfinity Stream Beta app in these multiple Rokus and TV for over a year or so without a problem.  Yesterday (10/4/19), suddenly all the instances of the Xfinity Stream Beta in all the roku devices say the following when initiating: "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-hone Xfinity WiFi"".  Error "createDrmSesssion.403-102".  BUT all the Rokus and TVs are ON the Xfinity home wifi just as the did for over a year now.  What changed??? all the devices having the same problem all at once???  I saw other postings in the forum and unlike those postings I did not change modems.  I have been using Xfinity equipment all along.

Please help

check the internet tab gateway serial number shown on the xfinity my account app. does it match the modem's  HFC MAC address on the modem/gateway's label? does a smart phone/tablet connected to the same wifi work normally?

Highlighted
New Poster

My same experience....xfinity stream is one BIG JOKE!
Highlighted
Expert

@Krismariek wrote:
My same experience....xfinity stream is one BIG JOKE!

do you actually need assistance?

Highlighted
Official Employee

@HONE11 wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam .....

Please help

We'd be happy to help get this resolved. 

Can you please send a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account? To send a Private Message, click on "Comcast_Support” and then click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am having this same issue worked fine before please help .
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast Ella I am having this same 403-102 issue after switching from my own modem to xfinity. I can stream app on my tv directly but not through either Roku stick. Please help thanks.

Craig
Highlighted
New Poster

ComcastElla,

I am having this issue too. I don't see where I can private message you. I called customer service about this issue and was told they must send a tech out to my house. How do I go about getting this fixed?
Highlighted
New Poster

Streaming from main TV was working ok since beginning a month ago.  But this morning I get the above error.   Tried Get Started several times with no luck.  Need help.

Highlighted
New Poster

Need help with error code above.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi Alankalis11,
Did you happen to just change your modem?
I purchased my own modem so I wouldn't have to pay the rental fee anymore. That's when I started getting this error message.
To fix it, today we went to the Xfinity store and one of the store associates registered my new modem on their end. No more error message.
NOTE calling Comcast customer service for this was a huge waste of time. I had done research and suggested that Comcast needed to register my modem but the <Edited> agent just ran me through the motions (restarting everything, basic troubleshooting stuff) and then said he had to send out a tech to my home to fix it. He put me on hold and came back and said he consulted with advanced technology support (ie his neighbor at the call center) and they too say that a tech needs to come to my house to fix this. I turned this down <Edited>.

Highlighted
New Poster

Ok folks having the same issue here in VT new X1 box new modem all Comcat/Xfinity eqip then added rokus to all other tvs worked for 18 hours, then swithced to different channel line up then my local channel line up that come in on the main box.  Then after 5 days and 18 agents across the globe, a private tech and a comcast tech. reboots refresh, sign out sgn in  change name of login  elavations to CO engineering, then esclated higher, still get the same error code.   I have sent privat messages to @Comcast_Support @KenF  that I read on other threads.   Do not bother with customer service,  there must be some kind of simple fix that all these techies are not thinking about.  Any help out there in Xfinity land or did I buy 16 Rokus for my three homes,  after being recommended to do that by a comcast agent.  www.vermontvacation-rentals.com  Merry Christmas, be kind to all, peace on earth good will towards all ! 

Valued Contributor

There have been posts in some other streaming contexts about problems with people who have multiple account locations and their device login is associated with the wrong one.  Sometimes these are old/canceled accounts that somehow are still on file.

Highlighted
Expert

@AndyVT05255 wrote:

Ok folks having the same issue here in VT new X1 box new modem all Comcat/Xfinity eqip then added rokus to all other tvs worked for 18 hours, then swithced to different channel line up then my local channel line up that come in on the main box.  Then after 5 days and 18 agents across the globe, a private tech and a comcast tech. reboots refresh, sign out sgn in  change name of login  elavations to CO engineering, then esclated higher, still get the same error code.   I have sent privat messages to @Comcast_Support @KenF  that I read on other threads.   Do not bother with customer service,  there must be some kind of simple fix that all these techies are not thinking about.  Any help out there in Xfinity land or did I buy 16 Rokus for my three homes,  after being recommended to do that by a comcast agent.  www.vermontvacation-rentals.com  Merry Christmas, be kind to all, peace on earth good will towards all ! 

go to xfinity.com and sign in . go to account, then users. add a new user. use that new user/password to signin. does it work now?