Community Forum

createDrmSession.-1 error

New Poster

createDrmSession.-1 error

I have seen this on several other posts, but no definitive answers to the problem.  My Roku stick on my TV will not work with xFinity Beta streaming video.  Each time I try to authorize it's use by entering  the authorization code at xFinity.com, I get the (no video subscrsiption) error.  It had worked fine in the past, but just stopped working one day.  I have had numerous calls to Roku and to Comcast about the problem.  Roku insisted that the problem was caused by a modem/router that was too slow.  I went out and purchased a new dual band modem router, installed it, registered it with comcast, and saw a tremendous wifi speed increase in the room where my tv is installed (was15 to 20 Mps, went up to 125-160 Mps).  Rebooted the tv and Roku, changed the setup for the new modem, and stll got the same error message.  Calls to Comcast have gone on for several days, and several times the problem has been elevated to a higher level of support.  It has been several days now since the last support elevation and I have not recieved the promised call from someone up the food chain.  I am about to cut the cable if this can't be resolved.

Expert

Re: createDrmSession.-1 error

@entitling wrote:

I have seen this on several other posts, but no definitive answers to the problem.  My Roku stick on my TV will not work with xFinity Beta streaming video.  Each time I try to authorize it's use by entering  the authorization code at xFinity.com, I get the (no video subscrsiption) error.  It had worked fine in the past, but just stopped working one day.  I have had numerous calls to Roku and to Comcast about the problem.  Roku insisted that the problem was caused by a modem/router that was too slow.  I went out and purchased a new dual band modem router, installed it, registered it with comcast, and saw a tremendous wifi speed increase in the room where my tv is installed (was15 to 20 Mps, went up to 125-160 Mps).  Rebooted the tv and Roku, changed the setup for the new modem, and stll got the same error message.  Calls to Comcast have gone on for several days, and several times the problem has been elevated to a higher level of support.  It has been several days now since the last support elevation and I have not recieved the promised call from someone up the food chain.  I am about to cut the cable if this can't be resolved.

moved post to stream app (roku channel) area of the forum.

standard fix is to be sure the roku is attached via wifi to your own home wifi, use the roku menu to remove the channel (highlight the channel on your home screen and press the * (star) button on the roku remote. remove the channel. hit 'left' button and go to system menu and restart/reboot the roku device. when it comes back up, search for the xfinity channel and install it and then authenticate. be careful to accept the terms and conditions. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The proposed solution did not solve the problem.
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue,  remove, cycle, re-install did not work for me ether