Community Forum

createDmSession.403-102 On Roku after replacing cable modem

New Poster

createDmSession.403-102 On Roku after replacing cable modem

I replaced my cable modem today and now my Xfinity stream for Roku and iOS no longer recognize they are on a Comcast network. The WiFi network was restarted after the modem replacement. All other internet is working fine.

There have been other forums which are now locked where @ComcastElla & @ComcastChe have fixed this exact issue but apparently the phone reps don’t know how to fix this or end up making matters worse.
Expert

Re: createDmSession.403-102 On Roku after replacing cable modem

@Fightinaggie08 wrote:
I replaced my cable modem today and now my Xfinity stream for Roku and iOS no longer recognize they are on a Comcast network. The WiFi network was restarted after the modem replacement. All other internet is working fine.

There have been other forums which are now locked where @ComcastElla & @ComcastChe have fixed this exact issue but apparently the phone reps don’t know how to fix this or end up making matters worse.

already working? it can take 24 hours for the new modem to update all the databases. you can check by calling 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to verify the new modem's HFC MAC address is the one currently listed for your account (and that no other modem is on the account).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @Fightinaggie08

Sorry for the experience you're having. Thank you for using the Xfinity Forum to bring this to our attention. If you are still receiving the same error on your Roku, please send me a private message and I will help get this taken care of. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

@ComcastChe, you have successfully resolved my issue. The Roku and mobile app both work on my network now. Thank you for resolving this efficiently and please work to improve internal processes to hopefully automate this fix when modems are upgraded/replaced.
Official Employee

Hey @Fightinaggie08

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of the office for a few days. I was happy to log on and see your issue has been resolved! We hope to have a better process implemented in the near future to better the experience for you and other customers. Thank you for being a valued customer, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.