Community Forum

computer to tv

New Poster

computer to tv

how do i connect my computer back to my tv so i could just set a movie from on damand and put it on my televison

Expert

Re: computer to tv

b121 wrote:

how do i connect my computer back to my tv so i could just set a movie from on damand and put it on my televison

using a desk/laptop and a chromecast 'dongle' you can use the chrome browser to chromecast your screen to the TV (with the sound). Be sure to maximize the screen on the desk/laptop. to do something else on the pc you can use att+tab to get to other windows.

If you have certain models of samsung or LG televisions you can play some 4k content using an app on the TV itself.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Re: computer to tv

Purchasing another piece of equipment is not an answer.  Capabilities were removed, and there is no clear reason why.  

People want to change their Current Channel/DVR from their computer, without using their phone. It is very simple.  I used it fairly frequently and it worked great. Now, I can watch shows on my computer, but that isn't what we were looking for.