Community Forum

cannot connect to xfinity stream tv with rook error message 403-102

New Poster

cannot connect to xfinity stream tv with rook error message 403-102

i am trying to connect to xfinity stream in my home on a roku  through a vizio smart tv. it will not connect. says "this device can onl access xfinity sream on your in home xfinity wifi. use app on smart phone or laptop.?? error message 403-102

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: cannot connect to xfinity stream tv with rook error message 403-102

@sparrow72366 wrote:

i am trying to connect to xfinity stream in my home on a roku  through a vizio smart tv. it will not connect. says "this device can onl access xfinity sream on your in home xfinity wifi. use app on smart phone or laptop.?? error message 403-102

UPDATE 05/10/2018: I see your issue has been moved to the correct area. A click on "Stream TV App" at the top of this page will take you to other threads with your issue and a likely solution. 

Your issue is different from the one discussed in this thread. If you poke around some more, you'll find discussions of your issue. I'm using the similar xfinity stream with Roku beta app. I recently changed my cable modem and found the streaming service wouldn't start (giving the same message and codes that you referenced). I think a day passed after I'd installed the new modem before I discovered the xfinity stream with Roku beta had stopped working. I started looking online to see what help there was, but didn't have time to really get into it until the next day. The next morning, I tried the streaming service again. It worked and has continued to since then. So, if it has been working, but quit when you made a change, it may start again on its own (more likely a Comcast tech clearing a system trouble report). If you are just trying to get it working for the first time, maybe follow the procedure again. If that doesn't work, then look for help here or start a chat with a Comcast tech. Good luck to you. The interface to select chanels is a little awkward with the version I'm using, but the service (program streaming) works really well. 

Expert

@sparrow72366 wrote:

please call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh (takes up to an hour to complete. did that fix the problem?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having issue to:  Moved and now roku will not upload the xfinity app corretly.  I get a error 403-102.  I own my own router.  Help   I have called Xfinity twice and they cant help 

Expert

@Coffeemymust wrote:

I am having issue to:  Moved and now roku will not upload the xfinity app corretly.  I get a error 403-102.  I own my own router.  Help   I have called Xfinity twice and they cant help 

is the app installed or you can't install it? using the Xfinity My Account app on the internet tab does it show your current Modem serial number? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!