Community Forum

Xfinity tv app

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity tv app

Customer service insists that I can download shows to my Xfinity TV app but it shows "no devices with downloads," and there is no download option on anything on my X1 boxes, main or secondary.  What gives?  I am in Rochester Hills, Michigan 48309 (North Detroit area suburb - about 25 mile snorth).

Tags (3)
Expert

Re: Xfinity tv app

SugarAvenue wrote:

Customer service insists that I can download shows to my Xfinity TV app but it shows "no devices with downloads," and there is no download option on anything on my X1 boxes, main or secondary.  What gives?  I am in Rochester Hills, Michigan 48309 (North Detroit area suburb - about 25 mile snorth).

do you have the X1 entertainment system or the legacy xFinity TV equipment?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity tv app

SugarAvenue wrote:

You need to download the XFINITY TV app for iOS or Android devices.  Once in there, you can go to the On Demand section, enable the "Availble for download" filter, select a show or movie you wish to download and click on "More Episodes" or "Movie Info".  From the main show page, you should see a "Download" button on available content.

If you have X1 with Cloud DVR, you can also do this from the "Recordings" section in the main navigation (found by clicking the icon that looks like a hamburger or stack of papers).

Enjoy!

-ComcastDan