Community Forum

Xfinity tv app

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity tv app

Can anyone tell why I have to call Comcast every month to tell my Xfinity tv on my I pad keeps tell me that to watch live tv you must be home? I am home but when I call they fix it but I have to talk to 5 people before they get it fix temporarily. Does anyone know what they are doing there. I bond want to call and spend 2 hours on the phone tell to delete the app and reinstall it I have done that twenty times already any one can help others then tell me to move my service to another provider, because that's the next step. Help please someone knows soothing out there 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity tv app

1993mlnb wrote:

Can anyone tell why I have to call Comcast every month to tell my Xfinity tv on my I pad keeps tell me that to watch live tv you must be home? I am home but when I call they fix it but I have to talk to 5 people before they get it fix temporarily. Does anyone know what they are doing there. I bond want to call and spend 2 hours on the phone tell to delete the app and reinstall it I have done that twenty times already any one can help others then tell me to move my service to another provider, because that's the next step. Help please someone knows soothing out there 

It may be that your ipad is not always connecting to your home network but instead to your public wifi. From comcast announcement:

Why does the app say I need to be on my home network? I am on my home network!
Be sure you are connected to your residential in-home network and not the network called "XFINITY WiFi," which is a WiFi hotspot that guests who are XFINITY Internet customers can use, so you don't need to give out your password. If your modem is provided by XFINITY, the network name is usually on the side or bottom of the modem. If you're not sure, just give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY, and we can walk you through it.

Sure you're on the right network, but it still isn't working? Your experience may be caused by a number of potential factors that we are working to improve. There's also a chance that your mobile device dropped off WiFi and switched to a cellular connection, so you'll want to check that by force-quitting the app and re-launching it.

Expert

adding...

the xfinity TV app won't 'reset' that message without a force close and restart of the app (logging out and back in would probably work too.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi 1993mlnb, thank you for working with me via private message and glad to hear with the reset of your modem you are no longer receiving an error message when  accessing your Xfinity TV app.

If you have any other questions or concerns in the future please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Thank you