Community Forum

Xfinity tv app not recognizing home network.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity tv app not recognizing home network.

I've seen other posts, but it seems everyone there had Comcast as the internet provider. I do not.

I'm absolutely sure I'm in my home network. I've tried restarting the modern, signing in and out of my account in the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, all without success.

Any ideas?
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity tv app not recognizing home network.

LAWMA wrote:
I've seen other posts, but it seems everyone there had Comcast as the internet provider. I do not.

I'm absolutely sure I'm in my home network. I've tried restarting the modern, signing in and out of my account in the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, all without success.

Any ideas?

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I tried looking up your account with the email you used to register on the forums but nothing comes up. Can you PM me your Comcast username?

Customer without XFINITY Internet service should automatically have all the in-home content hidden by default. We call this "TV Everywhere-only mode, internally. To view the "TV Go" content (anywhere in the USA content), please select the "Available out of home" filter. There are 193 live channels and tens of thousands of TV shows and movies in On Demand.

There is no way for us to know if you are "in-home" without XFINITY Internet since we match your IP address to the one we would have on file for your Comcast-provided service.