Community Forum

Xfinity streaming app does not recognize I'm connected home wifi

New Poster

Xfinity streaming app does not recognize I'm connected home wifi

I just switched a personal modem/router combo.  When I tried to watch live tv on my PC browser, Ipad, Iphone.  They all say "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch. why?"  I spent an hour last night with tech support all they tried was reset the modem like 5 times.  I deleted and installed the apps on both ipad and iphone.  I cleared my cookes/cache and logged in.  Nothing seems to fix it.  I gave tech support my new Mac address, etc.  Anyone have a fix to this?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity streaming app does not recognize I'm connected home wifi

I have the same problem, was put through the reseting, clearing cache, restarting drill to no avail.  Finally an "advanced tech" told me it is a software engineer problem on their end and it would be fixed withing 24 to 48 hours.  I wish I knew how to get updates on the status.

Bronze Problem Solver

@jjjb1 wrote:

I just switched a personal modem/router combo.  When I tried to watch live tv on my PC browser, Ipad, Iphone.  They all say "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch. why?"  I spent an hour last night with tech support all they tried was reset the modem like 5 times.  I deleted and installed the apps on both ipad and iphone.  I cleared my cookes/cache and logged in.  Nothing seems to fix it.  I gave tech support my new Mac address, etc.  Anyone have a fix to this?

Go here and verify the Serial # matches one of the numbers on a sticker on your internet modem.

If they don't match call supporrt and notify them because the system will not see you as on your home network.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, where is here?

Frequent Visitor

I found it, they match. 

New Poster

They match.  I don't know what else to do.  They said they would call back yesterday but they never did.

Bronze Problem Solver

Sorry, here was here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Are you sure you're not connecting to your public wifi (if you have one)? You have to connect to your secure wifi.

Frequent Visitor

I'm on both my wifi network and connected directly with an ethernet cable.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@NavinRJohnson wrote:

I'm on both my wifi network and connected directly with an ethernet cable.

There are a number of people reporting this problem in the past 48 hours, its most likely a comcast system problem

Frequent Visitor

I think you’re right. It would be nice if xfinity was as responsive as you are. Do they even look at the forum?
Frequent Visitor

Everything is back in order, phew!