Community Forum

Xfinity stream with multiple accounts

New Poster

Xfinity stream with multiple accounts

Hi-
I have logged into my account at home (on my home WiFi) from both my Roku tv and iPhone - both give the error message that I am not on my home account and therefore cannot stream certain content (even though I definitely am!) I think it’s because I have two Comcast accounts that are merged under one user name and perhaps it thinks i “should” be at the other address? How can I fix this problem? I tried creating a separate user name but every time I create a user for my “problem” address/account it instead assigns that new user to the other account! Help! I tried calling customer service and they were stumped.
DH
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream with multiple accounts

@davidh544 wrote:
Hi-
I have logged into my account at home (on my home WiFi) from both my Roku tv and iPhone - both give the error message that I am not on my home account and therefore cannot stream certain content (even though I definitely am!) I think it’s because I have two Comcast accounts that are merged under one user name and perhaps it thinks i “should” be at the other address? How can I fix this problem? I tried creating a separate user name but every time I create a user for my “problem” address/account it instead assigns that new user to the other account! Help! I tried calling customer service and they were stumped.
DH

you will need to have a separate email account as primary on each service. call 800-Comcast and select billing to arrange this. the email on each account has to be created from that account. if you prefer to wait, a Comcast official employee will usually respond here within 72 hours of your original post.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!