Community Forum

Xfinity stream on Roku reverts to guide each time I try to watch a show.

New Poster

Xfinity stream on Roku reverts to guide each time I try to watch a show.

I have multiple Roku devices, and two of them are having the same problem, the others are fine. When I open the Xfinity app it loads fine and brings up the guide. I select a show on the guide and then select "watch." The loading page comes up with 0 at the beginning and at the end and then it goes right back to the guide. I have tried tech support 3 times already and have given up each time because it took forever. We have deleted and reinstalled the app and anything else we could think of, to no avail. On the same Roku and TV Netflix app works perfectly, so internet connection is there. I am thinking about ordering the PODS and wonder if anyone else has experienced and fixed this issue. 

Expert

Re: Xfinity stream on Roku reverts to guide each time I try to watch a show.

@dtaylor209 wrote:

I have multiple Roku devices, and two of them are having the same problem, the others are fine. When I open the Xfinity app it loads fine and brings up the guide. I select a show on the guide and then select "watch." The loading page comes up with 0 at the beginning and at the end and then it goes right back to the guide. I have tried tech support 3 times already and have given up each time because it took forever. We have deleted and reinstalled the app and anything else we could think of, to no avail. On the same Roku and TV Netflix app works perfectly, so internet connection is there. I am thinking about ordering the PODS and wonder if anyone else has experienced and fixed this issue. 

do you have x1 equipment installed and working in the home?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity stream on Roku reverts to guide each time I try to watch a show.

I have three different Roku's and now and then will have an issue with the Xfinity App.  I have had to uninstall and reinstall many times.  And one time I actually had to call tech support and they found something odd with my account (I forget what), but the did something and thigns worked perfectly.  I wish i recalled what they saw odd in my account.  It was ntoa  modem reset or anything lie that, but some entry in my account.  I love the Xfinity app.  SIdenote, I do find some videos are not available through the app and are only on OnDeman via the set top boxes.  And vice versa.  Weird.