Community Forum

Xfinity stream on Roku not working

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity stream on Roku not working

The Stream was working well till 2 days ago.

Yesterday it stopped working and would just give an error saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later"

I tried everything in the forums.

Restarted device.

Restarted modem.

Removed app, restarted device and modem, reinstalled app.

Hard reset the roku, restarted device and modem, reinstalled app.

Last option at least gets me to the 6 digit code to authorize the device. That succeeds on the Xfinity website, but the app gives me different errors:

1) Error createDrmSession.TVAPP-00100

2) Error getAuthenticationRequest.TVAPP-00100 

Still no go.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream on Roku not working

@bevits wrote:

The Stream was working well till 2 days ago.

Yesterday it stopped working and would just give an error saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later"

I tried everything in the forums.

Restarted device.

Restarted modem.

Removed app, restarted device and modem, reinstalled app.

Hard reset the roku, restarted device and modem, reinstalled app.

Last option at least gets me to the 6 digit code to authorize the device. That succeeds on the Xfinity website, but the app gives me different errors:

1) Error createDrmSession.TVAPP-00100

2) Error getAuthenticationRequest.TVAPP-00100 

Still no go.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

do you have at least one installed and working X1 set top box in your home? does it play normally? did you try streaming on a smart phone/tablet?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, the Xfinity stream works on my smartphone. I do not have the set-top-box, so can't check there.

I also downloaded the CNN go app, the ESPN app, and a few others onto my Roku, and they work, using my Xfinity credentials.

Just the Xfinity Beta app that gives me trouble.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @bevits 

I took a look at your issue and was able to see where you were experiencing errors due to some long response times of services on our end. Those long response time should no longer be occuring. Please give the app a try now and let us know if you have any other issues.

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yup, seems to work now. So the problem was always at the comcast end. There has got to be a better way to communicate this. A better error message, something.

Thanks

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @bevits 

Super glad to hear that it is indeed working for you and thank you for the feedback. We will continue to work on our messaging and appreaciate your patience.

Thanks.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!