Community Forum

Xfinity stream beta quit working on my Samsung TV

Regular Visitor

Xfinity stream beta quit working on my Samsung TV

The Xfinity stream beta app quit working on my Samsung tv yesterday.  It goes through the loading screen and then displays a black screen.  I've reinstalled it several times and completely deleted it and installed it with the same result.  Other apps (Netflix, Amazon Video, Internet) work fine.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity stream beta quit working on my Samsung TV

Same issue as well. Usually reinstall works but I am getting a blank screen even when deleting and reinstalling.

Need fix ASAP
New Poster

Same here. I noticed that the app store says the app is 10.25 Mb, but it only loads 256k, so I think there may be something wrong in the version of the app they currently have available for download.

New Poster

Same here. Xfinity stream apps on different devices work fine while on the same home network.
Regular Visitor

As an update to my original post, I talked to Customer Support today and they indicated that they're aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.  No estimate on a time frame, however.

New Poster

Same I also called and they are aware of the issue and engineering is working on a fix. I'll post the fix once I receive it.
New Poster

Just wanted to add that I'm experiencing the same issue so we have more weight on the thread.  I've been down for more than 2 days with multiple calls to comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

It's working now. I had to reactivate the tv and account. After that, everything is working now.

Thank you Comcast support!
New Poster

Thanks😃
Official Employee

Hello all, thank you for reaching out.  Please let me know if anyone is still having issues with the Xfinity Stream Beta app on their Samsung TVs.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello all, I haven't heard from you but please don't hesitate to reach out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!