Community Forum

Xfinity stream beta for roku

New Poster

Xfinity stream beta for roku

Not working for anyone else starting a werk or so ago? App opens, shows appear, but when you choose watch, it just drops. Not able to play back anything from sny option on any roku device. Tier 2 tech not able to resolve the problem
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream beta for roku

@Fg7 wrote:
Not working for anyone else starting a werk or so ago? App opens, shows appear, but when you choose watch, it just drops. Not able to play back anything from sny option on any roku device. Tier 2 tech not able to resolve the problem

need to perform some steps to diagnose. using the Roku remote and the * (star) button remove the Xfinity channel. then unplug the roku from the TV and power supply for 2-3 minutes (or more). then reinstall power and to TV. then use the Roku remote to reinstall the Xfinity beta channel and log in to the Xfinity channel. working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No that didn’ t work. I have 5 roku devices, different models, and the app stopped working on all of them
Official Employee

Hi, Fg7. Thanks for posting. Have you tried a soft reset on all devices?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Sadly I have. It appears to be an issue with playback in the app itself. That is the only part that doesn’ t
work across all the roku devices that have worked beautifully since it first became available.
New Poster

Mine quit working too. Loads then I get a splash screen that says "Welcome! The devise can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-home XFINITY WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like. Exit App Sign Out"

What's crazy it that it IS connected to my WiFi.

Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same message as THECRATERS

Tried a restart of Roku, signed out and back in again with no change, then moved on to a different app. 

Hope comcast gets it working soon.

Official Employee

Good to know, thanks for the information. I'm going to keep an eye on this and I'll check in with you guys in a few days.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

IT’S WORKING AGAIN! Don’ t know why but very happy. I love the app and it has never let me down before.
Official Employee

Fg7, I'm so glad to hear the app is working again for you! I love the app too so I'm happy that you get to enjoy using it again. Please don't hesitate to reach back out here again if you need assistance in the future.