Community Forum

Xfinity stream app on Samsung won’t go full screen

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity stream app on Samsung won’t go full screen

How do I make the picture full screen on the app for Samsung?
New Poster

Re: Xfinity stream app on Samsung won’t go full screen

you need to select the HD channel to get the full screen. For example,  NBCHD vs. NBC. 

New Poster

@david98 wrote:

you need to select the HD channel to get the full screen. For example,  NBCHD vs. NBC. 

Do I have to pay extra to get HD channels?  None are showing up on my list of channels?

Expert

@tomwvanderveen wrote:

@david98 wrote:

Do I have to pay extra to get HD channels?  None are showing up on my list of channels?

yes it shows up as a separate monthly charge. It unlocks all HD channels and on-demand in your subscription.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have an HD subscriptiona and am selecting HD channels and it still doesn't go to full screen.  I've also set up the Roku to automatically detect and broadcast 1080P signals.  I have a Sony TV.  Any other suggestions?    

Expert

@ddf1 wrote:

I have an HD subscriptiona and am selecting HD channels and it still doesn't go to full screen.  I've also set up the Roku to automatically detect and broadcast 1080P signals.  I have a Sony TV.  Any other suggestions?    

look on your most recent Comcast bill. is there a separate line with HD technology fee with approximately a $10 charge?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes there is.

Expert

@ddf1 wrote:

Yes there is.

logout of the xfinity channel, then return to 'home' navigate to the xfinity channel and press the * key and remove the xfinity channel. unplug the roku from everything for 2-3 minutes and plug back in and install and login. working?

New Poster

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I went back to try what you said (deleting xfinity app then disconnecting and reconnecting Roku).  But first I thought I would try one more time to see if I could get a full picture on the HD channels.  It worked.  I didn't do or change anything.  I have no idea why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  But if it happens again, I'll try your suggestion.  Thank you very much for your help.