Community Forum

Xfinity stream app not showing live channels

New Poster

Xfinity stream app not showing live channels

Stream app not showing live channels on laptop or on iPad. All that is displaying is a list of 5 channels as shown below.

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 8.09.06 AM.png  

New Poster

Re: Xfinity stream app not showing live channels

Another user posted about this yesterday and I tagged his message as I had the same problem.  A search of the forum shows that this problem has occurred several times this year defaulting to a few sports channels.   I deleted and reinstalled the app several times on my iPad and iPhone, closed and opened the apps several times, and shut the devices down several times.  None of these worked-- so I scheduled a call with Comcast earlier this monring based on the online insructions to contact them if a channel is not showing.  The representative tried several things that did not work.  The last thing she did was to "refresh."  This changed nothing on my end, however, she said she was able to view the live channels shen she streamed under my account.  After we hung up I, one more time, deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone and all my channels were there.  The iPad, on which I had not dleted the app continued to now show live channels unitl I deleted and reinstalled the app on the iPad.  

The rep also said that she was excalitng the issue to thier advanced team.  

Expert

sagnik wrote:

Stream app not showing live channels on laptop or on iPad. All that is displaying is a list of 5 channels as shown below.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello sagnik, it sounds like we need to refresh your entitlements on our end. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started. 

SW52, I can help you as well please send me a private message so that we can get this taken care of for you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ComcastAmir, can you please let me know when to check?

Thanks

New Poster

I am having this problem, as well. Please reset th entitlements on my account, Thank you!

Expert

HOU-AGS wrote:

I am having this problem, as well. Please reset th entitlements on my account, Thank you!

you can first try pressing the A button on your remote and select and run 'system refresh'. did that fix the problem? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

That seems to have done it. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

As of yesterday evening, xfinity stream app only showing 4 tv channels in Live TV tab. please reset my entitlemments.  Happens on both devices i use. laptop and phone.

Expert

wrote:

As of yesterday evening, xfinity stream app only showing 4 tv channels in Live TV tab. please reset my entitlemments.  Happens on both devices i use. laptop and phone. 

you are able to do that with your remote's A button (system refresh).

Regular Visitor

I don't have a tv but watch live TV on my computer via the Xfinity app in browser. No remote.  I did just speak with someone for about an hour and  they "reset entitlements to accounts", refreshed signal to modem several times and still no luck.  Tried 3 different broswers, phone and the channels I'm paying for still not showing up in Live TV.  The account guy had nothing more he could help me with and wished me luck. Ugh.  

Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Expert

wrote:

I don't have a tv but watch live TV on my computer via the Xfinity app in browser. No remote.  I did just speak with someone for about an hour and  they "reset entitlements to accounts", refreshed signal to modem several times and still no luck.  Tried 3 different broswers, phone and the channels I'm paying for still not showing up in Live TV.  The account guy had nothing more he could help me with and wished me luck. Ugh.  

Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

are you at home? do you subscribe to the X1 system? 

Official Employee

Hi, mamyers15 - Please send me your full name, address, and a phone number in a private message. I will investigate and troubleshoot your streaming issue. Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Rustyben, yes I'm at home. i have internet plus instant tv package. but Live TV tab only shows a few TV GO channels. it's as if it thinks I'm not home. Don't know what x1 system is  so that's probably not what I have.

Expert

wrote:

Rustyben, yes I'm at home. i have internet plus instant tv package. but Live TV tab only shows a few TV GO channels. it's as if it thinks I'm not home. Don't know what x1 system is  so that's probably not what I have.

be sure to send @ComcastElla the info requested in the reply above your reply. Let us know when it is fixed.

New Poster

My tablet suddenly stopped doing live TV, too. Help!

Expert

wrote:

My tablet suddenly stopped doing live TV, too. Help!

scroll up a few posts and follow the directions from @ComcastEllaComcastElla

Regular Visitor

Good news is everything is back as it should be, now receiving all the channels under Live TV that I'm paying for.  Not sure what happend but after having no luck troubleshooting with the Tier 3 team, the representative created an INC (incident ticket) that went to the engineering department with an estimated 24-48 hour response.  I never heard back from anyone but just checked the account 2 days later and everything was working. Thanks for everyone's help and hope this info helps others.

Official Employee

@mamyers15 -  Awesome news! I'm very happy to hear that everything is working now. Thank you so much for letting me know. If you get any questions or concerns - feel free to reach us back. 

New Poster

Pressing the “A” button and doing system refresh worked. The hour long conversation with a Comcast customer service rep did not. Thank you.

New Poster

i'm having this issue with the stream app all of a sudden. Only TV go channels avalable. I am unable to stream live tv. A tier 2 technician was not able to help. Please advise.

Expert

@hansen022 wrote:

i'm having this issue with the stream app all of a sudden. Only TV go channels avalable. I am unable to stream live tv. A tier 2 technician was not able to help. Please advise.

did you try the procedure in the post just before your post?

New Poster

ive tried everything in prev posts. The tier 2 tech said its an ongoing issue and their working on it but I have my doubts. Its extremely frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Actually, one of my iPads is live streaming tv channels and has “TV Go Channels” listed under the “Live TV” tab. A new iPad which I bought through Xfinity doesn’t have the “TV Go Channels” tab at all and I have the channels listed but a message “Subscription Required 12012” message pops up when I try to watch any live tv with Xfinity Stream app. Reloading the app doesn’t help. Contacted Xfinity support and they told me that I could only stream live tv on devices when connected to my home WiFi network. Well, I know that’s not true because one of iPads is streaming live tv just fine and I am 750 miles from home....  HELP!

New Poster

It appears from reading comments, that streaming live TV has been an on going problem which is yet to be fixed. Can anyone say what is being done to address the problem? Streaming is on the verge of over-running traditional cable TV

Expert

@Featherstone2 wrote:

Actually, one of my iPads is live streaming tv channels and has “TV Go Channels” listed under the “Live TV” tab. A new iPad which I bought through Xfinity doesn’t have the “TV Go Channels” tab at all and I have the channels listed but a message “Subscription Required 12012” message pops up when I try to watch any live tv with Xfinity Stream app. Reloading the app doesn’t help. Contacted Xfinity support and they told me that I could only stream live tv on devices when connected to my home WiFi network. Well, I know that’s not true because one of iPads is streaming live tv just fine and I am 750 miles from home....  HELP!

your iPad from Xfinity may be connected via Xfinity cell data. when you select a program from the live channels guide, do you also have the ability to press record?

Expert

@rose2019 wrote:

It appears from reading comments, that streaming live TV has been an on going problem which is yet to be fixed. Can anyone say what is being done to address the problem? Streaming is on the verge of over-running traditional cable TV

each issue is fixed as soon as the atual problem is determined. Do youhave a particular question?

New Poster

I am having an issue with the streaming app... I can only receive HBO... I don't have live TV anymore unless it's HBO.. I call and they escalated it .... I have streaming on 3 TV's, my phone's.. still nothing.. could someone please assist in this issue?
Frequent Visitor

Thanks but that's not the issue. I don't have Xfinity cell service and there's no record button. The Xfinity iPad is wifi only. Btw, I'm home now and I still can't get any live channels to play and I get the same subsciption error message. I downloaded the channel app and I just watch it live on a channel by channel basis.... but I shouldn't have to do that. Streaming should work!