Community Forum

Xfinity stream app not showing all recordings?

New Poster

Xfinity stream app not showing all recordings?

My app isn’t showing all the recordings that are available on my DVR. It has several of the shows I have recorded, but not all of them. It’s also missing all of the movies I have recorded. I can see them all on my TV DVR, but not on the app.
Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app not showing all recordings?

@kwatkins96 wrote:
My app isn’t showing all the recordings that are available on my DVR. It has several of the shows I have recorded, but not all of them. It’s also missing all of the movies I have recorded. I can see them all on my TV DVR, but not on the app.

the home DVR has more capacity than the cloud DVR (app uses cloud DVR). Cloud DVR is limited to the latest 60 hours or so of recordings. Are you looking for shows farther in the past? also, cloud DVR won't let you watch a recording until it has finished recording if you are outside of your home or not on your home network's wifi.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes I am trying to access a movie I recorded a while ago. The app is only showing the 30 most recent TV shows I have recorded but nothing else. Is there any way to get the movie to show up on the app even though it was recorded a while ago?
Bronze Problem Solver

@kwatkins96 wrote:
Yes I am trying to access a movie I recorded a while ago. The app is only showing the 30 most recent TV shows I have recorded but nothing else. Is there any way to get the movie to show up on the app even though it was recorded a while ago?

Nope, theres no way to force a recording to the cloud dvr

New Poster

Hello
When I️ record something from my iPhone I️ can’t see it on my iPad or on the TV. The app on my iPhone has all the recordings there. The storage on my phone is at 63%, the storage on my TV is at 35%. So I️ do have space to record. When I️ record something on my iPad I️ can’t see it on my iPhone. I’ve spoken with tier one support and everyone keeps on telling me to do the same thing. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks
Expert

@CeCe968 wrote:
Hello
When I️ record something from my iPhone I️ can’t see it on my iPad or on the TV. The app on my iPhone has all the recordings there. The storage on my phone is at 63%, the storage on my TV is at 35%. So I️ do have space to record. When I️ record something on my iPad I️ can’t see it on my iPhone. I’ve spoken with tier one support and everyone keeps on telling me to do the same thing. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks

the cloud DVR is what is viewed on your mobile devices. use the app's menu (hamburger/stack-of-paper) icon to find the gear (settings) menu. select "Sign out" at the bottom and then sign back in. After you do that on both devices they should then agree. The size of the cloud DVR is in hours (maximum of 60 where oldest is replaced by newest as needed) and the home DVR is in actual space left on the DVR(s) in the home. The percentages are measuring different things and that is normal.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thanks. I tired that plus more and it is not working. It was working fine last week. 

Expert

@CeCe968 wrote:

Thanks. I tired that plus more and it is not working. It was working fine last week. 

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. Call 800-Comcast, select billing and ask the representative to perform a deep background account refresh (will take up to an hour to complete. At the end of the hour you can force close (exit) the app and log back in and it should be working for you.

Contributor

This would be a tremendous feature to add older saved DVR recordings back to my cloud stream. I mean it's still on the DVR so it should all be local, n'est pas?

Thanks, Peter

Expert

@sduraybito2 wrote:

This would be a tremendous feature to add older saved DVR recordings back to my cloud stream. I mean it's still on the DVR so it should all be local, n'est pas?

Thanks, Peter

hi, the Xfinity Stream TV app is not able to connect to your home DVR recordings. The Stream app access your cloud DVR which holds approximately the last 60 hours recorded.

New Poster

I understand there may be a 60 hour limit.  But I have been watching when video fall off the cloud DVR and there is appearantly a 30 day window.  At least this is how it has been working for me over the last couple of months.

Expert

@Cesaw wrote:

I understand there may be a 60 hour limit.  But I have been watching when video fall off the cloud DVR and there is appearantly a 30 day window.  At least this is how it has been working for me over the last couple of months.

the scheduler-in-the-cloud removes older cloud DVR programs as space is needed to record upcoming scheduled recordings. 

New Poster

This isn’t the case. My app is showing older recordings and newer, but nothing consistent. The total states 55 recordings and show only about a dozen. Of those dozen, some were recorded months ago and others just yesterday.

New Poster

New Poster

I recorded things last night on my home TV. They show up fine at home, but they aren’t showing up on my laptop. I’m only 10% full!
New Poster

I am having the same issue, open tickets with comcast

xfinity.com/stream/recordings  and also app on phone

xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

New Poster

I am also having the same issue too, it works on my iphone but not my ipad.

Regular Visitor

I'm having this issue too, and I know it's not the 60 hour or 30 day limits because there are less than 10 hours currently on my DVR and the missing ones are from 2 days ago.

Expert

@PsychoHazard wrote:

I'm having this issue too, and I know it's not the 60 hour or 30 day limits because there are less than 10 hours currently on my DVR and the missing ones are from 2 days ago.

cloud DVR keeps last 60 hours recorded. oldest drop off (forever). if you find you miss one do not delete the DVR copy (recovering a deleted program will not work) and report it here so that the logs can be checked to determine the problem. 

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. Can't access all my recordings. All my newly recorded shows from yesterday aren't showing up when I look at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/recordings

It's 47% full. 

This has been an ongoing issue.

I'm getting so fed up with Comcast. As time goes on i'm getting inturuptions / errors with my service more frequently, features disapear, and i'm getting fed up with my shows not displaying on xfinity stream. Not to mention the long list of charges that get added on the bill just to use the service. Maybe i'll explore other services. Maybe I should start an online petition since it seems many people are unhappy.

New Poster

After last comment over poor service and high prices... nothing from Comcast supported posted... that was almost two months ago... go figure!
New Poster

Having same issue, and am so encouraged that there are NO replies from Comcast/Xfintiy

New Poster

Why are recordings missing from Streaming App

My usage is <15%.  Certain shows are available to stream sometimes and not other.   Would love to hear some feedback from Xfinity/Comcast why this is happening.

Expert

@Magstang wrote:

Having same issue, and am so encouraged that there are NO replies from Comcast/Xfintiy

cloud DVR keeps last 60 hours recorded. oldest drop off (forever).

Expert

Re: Why are recordings missing from Streaming App

i combined your extra post to this same thread.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue with me. Rustyben doesn't know what he's talking about. I have first gen X1 DVR and shows are stored on the box (not in the cloud rustyben). When I play recordings on the Roku they are being streamed across my network from the X1 box (I sniffed the packets with wireshark). There appears to be a limitation on the number of shows the Roku app will show. I wish the Roku app site had the ability of leaving reviews instead of just leaving number of stars. Based on the quality of the mobile apps (on iOS anyway) it seems Comcast are pretty inexperienced mobile developers hence the poor quality of the Roku app. Still in beta after almost 2 years is not screaming of an agile development methodology. I doubt anyone from Comcast reads these forums nevermind actually responding to threads.

Frequent Visitor

So I did a little more research on this. It seems that Comcast is going to adopt the Now TV apps as its platform going forward now that they have completed the Sky acquisition. This explains why they have stopped all work on their Roku app. I guess we will have to wait until Comcast starts selling their own branded Roku devices (like Sky does with Now TV) in order to get a decently working Roku version. This article explains what happened.

“Comcast is focused on the Now TV solution as the future of its streaming infrastructure"

Expert

@Anon455406 wrote:

Same issue with me. Rustyben doesn't know what he's talking about. I have first gen X1 DVR and shows are stored on the box (not in the cloud rustyben). When I play recordings on the Roku they are being streamed across my network from the X1 box (I sniffed the packets with wireshark). There appears to be a limitation on the number of shows the Roku app will show. I wish the Roku app site had the ability of leaving reviews instead of just leaving number of stars. Based on the quality of the mobile apps (on iOS anyway) it seems Comcast are pretty inexperienced mobile developers hence the poor quality of the Roku app. Still in beta after almost 2 years is not screaming of an agile development methodology. I doubt anyone from Comcast reads these forums nevermind actually responding to threads.

easy test to prove your statement. unplug your DVR. then play again. the cloud is an IP stream whereas your local DVR is only available to X1 set top boxes in the home. 

New Poster

I do not have 60 hours, recorded.  IT IS ALWAYS CERTAIN SHOWS THAT WILL NOT APPEAR ON THE APP and other times sporadically others.  I have shows that tape afterward and they appear.  It must have to do with licensing or some other issue we are not being told.

Expert

@Magstang wrote:

I do not have 60 hours, recorded.  IT IS ALWAYS CERTAIN SHOWS THAT WILL NOT APPEAR ON THE APP and other times sporadically others.  I have shows that tape afterward and they appear.  It must have to do with licensing or some other issue we are not being told.

due to home equipment and tuners you may just be out of tuners during that hour. would you state your home set top box equipment? (example DVR, 2 companions). for each do  voice remote 'about' and reply with the rest of the line after "STB version ..". it is possible that your current equipment is limiting your cloud tuners available. 

Frequent Visitor

I was wrong and RustyBen is correct. I apologize to you sir as obviously I don't know what the heck I'm talking about. I unplugged my XG1-P and I was still able to see/play the recordings although not all of them. I still can't explain the network traffic other than it must be between the Roku and a server at my local head end. So this brings up some interesting question of why can't I get the same functionality out of my Roku as I do out of my XG1-P? The one critical element missing from ALL streaming solutions is the ability to smoothly fast forward full screen through recorded content. The first streaming service that can do this wins everything. Maybe because the recorded content is relatively local (e.g. a server at the head end) and the XG1-P has the througput to handle it? Certainly my 4k Roku has the same capability but maybe they (Comcast) just hasn't developed the functionality yet?  Or maybe the Roku app platform doesn't provide this kind of capability? Either way full screen smooth fast forward is a requirement for me hence I will continue to pay the $13/month for my X1 DVR.

@Rustyben wrote:

@Anon455406 wrote:

easy test to prove your statement. unplug your DVR. then play again. the cloud is an IP stream whereas your local DVR is only available to X1 set top boxes in the home. 

New Poster

Does the answer given mean that after I watch the programs I downloaded and I "RETURN" them I willsee the shows I didn't see befor

Also can I purchase additional Cloud DVR space

Expert

@jrculkin wrote:

Does the answer given mean that after I watch the programs I downloaded and I "RETURN" them I willsee the shows I didn't see befor

Also can I purchase additional Cloud DVR space

don't understand first questilon. extra space only available by adding more DVRs

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem. I have found several posts with this problem dating back several years, but I have never seen a solution from Comcast. Many times I have seen this generic answer/non answer:

"there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time. Originally it was in one or two areas, but the overloaded servers issue seems to be affecting more and more areas."

Or authors are told to send a private message, which doesnt help the rest of us.

I've tried sync, unplug, refresh, restart, reboot, reinstall app, you name it.

There is no rhyme or reason to which shows, channels or time this happens. Its purely

random. Today I checked a show that is set to record daily and on the scheduled recordings some episodes are there and some are not. Everything on the physical dvr is fine, its happening on all the apps; Iphone, android, roku etc.

COMCAST; have you found a solution to this yet?

Official Employee

Kckmull, thank you for reaching out here. We do ask that our customers send us private messages so we can troubleshoot issues from the account directly. Since you've already tried various general troubleshooting, please send me a PM with your first and last name. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I had the same issue. Had a whole tv series to binge when I traveled. Half of the episodes didn't show up online or in the app. After a few lengthy conversations with customer service, they finaly gave me an answer. Completely unacceptable, but an answer. They only keep recordings that are less then 60 days old. Period. Deleting other recordings or returning them to ur DVR won't bring back the old episodes (you know 1-10, that you would watch before 11-20). They are still at home on your DVR, which doesn't help if you aren't there. I call (Edited) on their ads that say you can watch shows on your DVR anywhere, anytime. (Edited).

Official Employee

Hello all, we either never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message if you still need assistance with this recordings concern on the Stream app. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.