Community Forum

Xfinity stream app keeps buffering issue

New Poster

Xfinity stream app keeps buffering issue

Xfinity stream app keeps buffering on recorded shows...my Netflix app is working fine - connection is fine. I tried deleting and adding the app again - still no change.  It had been working just fine.

Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app keeps buffering issue

Pete2887 wrote:

Xfinity stream app keeps buffering on recorded shows...my Netflix app is working fine - connection is fine. I tried deleting and adding the app again - still no change.  It had been working just fine.

on what device are you using the Streaming TV app?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I am having the same problem on HTC 10. Plays fine for a while and then buffers or at least appears to be buffering for a while then plays a little more... over and over

New Poster

Ipad

New Poster

That is exactly my issue!

Expert

Pete2887 wrote:

Ipad

did you try streaming same content off your own wifi and using a cell phone tether to see if it is your router or noise on your wifi or low signal?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

All other streaming apps are working without interruption.  It does the same thing on my iPhone.

New Poster

I have the same issue.  I think it started when I downloaded some shows to watch on the plane.  Ever since then the buffering has been a problem.  To get around this I download my show I want to watch and it works fine.  I return the show when done watching.  I will keep doing it this way until they fix the app.

New Poster

I have the same problem on both iPad and iPhone but all other applications such as Netflix works fine. I also tried on different networks and it’s the same . Please help! It’s so painful to watch the recorded shows .. ugh
New Poster

This happens on my iPhone and on my iPad every single time. How do I fix this??
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. I am on an LG V20, full bars of 4gLTE service, Netflix works just fine, infact I streamed about an hour and a half long movie and it paused to buffer once for like 10 seconds. Xfinity streaming, whether its a DVRd program or On Demand it pauses and bufferes every 2-3 seconds for at least 10 seconds. I tried downloading an episode but it keeps erroring out.

Expert

@NavyGuy2007 wrote:

I have the same issue. I am on an LG V20, full bars of 4gLTE service, Netflix works just fine, infact I streamed about an hour and a half long movie and it paused to buffer once for like 10 seconds. Xfinity streaming, whether its a DVRd program or On Demand it pauses and bufferes every 2-3 seconds for at least 10 seconds. I tried downloading an episode but it keeps erroring out.

have you tried doing a 'forced' power restart of the phone? also, have you done a speedtest on the phone connection?

New Poster

I talked to support and apparently this is a known issue and they’re working on it. The support did a service restart at their end and it’s much better
Frequent Visitor

Yes and yes, no change. As I said Netflix , YouTube, Hulu and other streaming apps work great, its only Xfinity that has problems.
New Poster

Exact same here! So frustrating!!!