Community Forum

Xfinity stream app keeps buffering every 30 seconds

New Poster

Xfinity stream app keeps buffering every 30 seconds

After the most recent update, I noticed that my xfinity stream app on iPad  keeps buffering every 30 seconds, resulting in me losing about 2-3 seconds of content each time.  It happens regardless of the channel I’m viewing.  It’s very annoying, especially when I’m watching tennis where points are decided in seconds.  I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPad, rebooted my iPad, signed in and out, and nothing has worked.  I’ve done a speed test on my home network and the speed is great, no different from what it has always been when the app worked correctly.  Is anyone else experiencing the same, and is there a fix for this? Thanks. 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity stream app keeps buffering every 30 seconds

Yes, mine is doing the same thing.  App works fine on my computers and laptops.  All other streaming apps work fine on my iPad.  Definitely an Xfinity problem.  Haven't figured out how to get it to work correctly either.

Frequent Visitor

It seems like it started about 3 weeks ago for me. I can watch on demand and movies, but not live streaming tv. All this happens at home, but if I go to the apple store, it works fine.  i have an Ipad 4 version 10.3.3

I've been on the phone with the Gateway support people and comcast support people to no avail.

New Poster

I have the same iPad and the time frame is the same for me too.  Unfortunate to hear that support hasn't been helpful.  I guess this chore will move to the bottom of my to-do list.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is no help, talked to them and had a tech come out. If you have 10.3.3 or older, the new app will cause the "buffering". They told me to wait until Apple updates the IOS, but 10.3.3 is the last update for the ipad. so basicly, until enough people complain, they aren't going to debug the latest app and we're stuck.

New Poster

Thanks. My hunch was that it was something like that. No plans to replace an iPad that still works fine.
New Poster

Man I'm having the same issue and I can't believe they aren't doing anything about it.  And I can't figure out how to get an older version of the app.

Frequent Visitor

I even tried to google a previous version but no luck so far.
New Poster

I have the same problem on my IPad 4 and IPad 2 since the latest update. Both worked fine for years before. Xfinity, FIX THIS!!! We're not getting what we're paying for! I've been able to stream live TV on the individual apps for local channels if that helps anyone.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the heads up on the local channels.

New Poster

Exact same thing with mine ... all worked fine before, then started buffering several weeks ago on the iPad only, works fine streaming on PC.  

Regular Visitor

Me too!  I started my own thread on this problem but I want to add my voice on this thread too in case Xfinity is monitoring.  Please fix this!