Community Forum

Xfinity stream app does not work

Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app does not work

@gfichman wrote:

I have this issue now and no one knows how to fix it. 

scroll up to my 10/21/2019 post for directions to fix.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

As of this date 1/7/20 app is not working properly TV to go is not available and recordings or not available
Expert

@Joe401 wrote:
As of this date 1/7/20 app is not working properly TV to go is not available and recordings or not available

just tested on two smart phones and it is working fine. do you receive error numbers/messages?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

No it was working fineup to about a week ago then all of a sudden those two options are not available. This happened once before awhile ago and Xfinity said it was an issue with the app and it was cleared up in a day or so. I deleted reinstalled and they even send a refresh signal to the modem.
Expert

@Joe401 wrote:
No it was working fineup to about a week ago then all of a sudden those two options are not available. This happened once before awhile ago and Xfinity said it was an issue with the app and it was cleared up in a day or so. I deleted reinstalled and they even send a refresh signal to the modem.

do you have a different smart phone/tablet or desk/laptop to test if it is just the one device or all streaming devices?

New Poster

I tried on an iPad and works fine.
Expert

@Joe401 wrote:
I tried on an iPad and works fine.

There is an issue in a database. call 800-Comcast, select tech support for cable TV. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the team member to reprovision your streaming device entitlements. if someone talks about sending a hit to your home equipment they do not understand. this is for app/streaming website. if the team member seems confused ask for a supervisor.

New Poster

Thanks
New Poster

I have the exact same issue ! For every channel, it tells me I need a subscription! It was working before we transferred service and upgraded the package.
New Poster

I am unable to send you a private message, but I am seeing that with my recent move my Xfinity Connect and Steam apps don't work. My Connect apps says my phone isn't connected (which isn't true) and won't show me any voicemails or let me make calls from my cell. The Stream app seems connected to my old address and won't give us any options to see our DVR, stations, or purchases. I tried calling 800-XFINITY but they didn't seem to have a clue on what to do and wanted to start down the path of resetting my modem. I denied them because I don't have any issues with my service. How can I get help on this? I don't see a way to private message you @ComcastAmira 

Expert

@doliver wrote:

I am unable to send you a private message, but I am seeing that with my recent move my Xfinity Connect and Steam apps don't work. My Connect apps says my phone isn't connected (which isn't true) and won't show me any voicemails or let me make calls from my cell. The Stream app seems connected to my old address and won't give us any options to see our DVR, stations, or purchases. I tried calling 800-XFINITY but they didn't seem to have a clue on what to do and wanted to start down the path of resetting my modem. I denied them because I don't have any issues with my service. How can I get help on this? I don't see a way to private message you @ComcastAmira 

do a quick test (will get your access back too). go to xfinity.com and sign in. go to account then go to users from the menu choices. create a new username (email account) and use that new username/password to sign in to the stream app. working? 

New Poster

Amazing. When going to the settings I found that my new account wasn't set as default (though I've done that through the Xfinity app). I set it as default and all is right with my apps now. Thanks so much!

New Poster

I have had the same issue for last 2 days with my stream app not working. I am using ROKU on my TV and I know it is not that as all my other live streams work.  This is unacceptable. 

Expert

@BillW1 wrote:

I have had the same issue for last 2 days with my stream app not working. I am using ROKU on my TV and I know it is not that as all my other live streams work.  This is unacceptable. 

could you give more details? does the app install? are you able to sign in? did the app ask you to confirm/agree with the terms and conditions?  error messages including error numbers and sub numbers?