Community Forum

Xfinity stream app does not work

New Poster

Xfinity stream app does not work

The streaming app will not play live tv channels. My call has been escalated to customer service, engineering department, technical support and back again. I have deleted the app, they sent a refresh signal to modem, I have installed and installed app multiple times, even different user names, and nothing works. I always receive the same message of 12012 subscription required but I have the subscription.
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app does not work

@Eric592 wrote:
The streaming app will not play live tv channels. My call has been escalated to customer service, engineering department, technical support and back again. I have deleted the app, they sent a refresh signal to modem, I have installed and installed app multiple times, even different user names, and nothing works. I always receive the same message of 12012 subscription required but I have the subscription.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask agent to verify your login username is properly connected to your home account number/address. ask for a deep background account refresh (takes up to an hour to complete).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello Eric592, thanks for reaching out and I can further assist as well as perform an account refresh for you! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.  I've been trying to get it to work for the past 2 days (after adding TV service to my previously Internet-only account on Monday).  Always an error 12012 via the mobile app, or a TVAPP-00203 error via the www.xfinity.com/stream web site.  Both of which indicate "subscription required", yet these are channels for which I have a subscription.  And yes, this is when connected to Comcast in-home wi-fi.

The Comcast support people were unable to resolve the issue.  An account refresh didn't help.  But one of them did call back later in the day and told me that there is a known outage of some sort that is affecting some users of the Stream mobile app and web site.  No resolution time-frame was provided - pretty poor service overall.  (But I am glad that they did call back - that might be the first time that has happened.)  At least the single X1 box is working.

Regular Visitor

20+ year Comcast customer here...  After trying other TV options for a while, I recently added TV to my existing Internet service againand am experiencing the same subscription errors on all devices,  ROKU, Samsung TV, iPhone and PC.     I was told of a 'national outage' on the last customer service call, yet I know others that can successfully use XFinity Stream with no such errors.  After 12+ cumulative hours of my own troubleshooting and  being on the phone with customer support, with no resolution in sight, this is beyond frustrating.  Is there any ETA on a resolution?  Anything more specific that can be done beyond Comcast refreshing the account and me reinstalling\authorizing the apps?  Those steps have been tried multiple times.  If these are truly subscription related errors, why can't they be resolved?  Or is there a deeper issue on the backend that's beyond my account?

Official Employee

Hello All, thanks for reaching out about this Stream App concern! I can confirm this is a known issue and we are working to get it resolved ASAP. I will continue to monitor on my end, and reach back out on here with any updates received. We truly apologize about any inconvenience or frustration this is causing. We appreciate your patience!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

XFinity Stream is working today (1/6) on the Samsung TV app, iPhone , ROKU and PC.

Can you please share what the problem and resolution was?  If it stops working again I will post here.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Not working here.  Stil the same error 12012 (or TVAPP-00203) as seen for the last week.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sorry to hear that. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this isn’t a temporary period of working. If it stops working I’ll probably return it all before my 30 days are up and reconsider AT&T options.

I find it really difficult to believe that this is not an individual account authentication problem. All error messages point to that.
Frequent Visitor

I agree that this is probably a server-side issue with account authentication.  The only thing we can do is to wait for Comast to (hopefully) eventually fix the issue. 

The disappointing aspect is that they apparently consider this to be not a priority to fix - in spite of it affecting all streaming clients.  And very much negatively impacting the new-world "streaming only, without a Comcast-issued box" service model.

Frequent Visitor

Currently a Comcast customer. Works on Sony smart TVs as well. The problem is Comcast "stream" app does not show up in the Google play store within the TV. According to an "expert" on this forum on a different thread. They quoted to me... if the stream app does not show up in the Google Play Store on the Sony Smart TV but it works on a smartphone. I was told that your not allowed to bypass the TVs Play Store and take the legal copy of the Stream app and install it on Sony smart TV. That would be a violation of the DMCA and could be faced with a fine or imprisonment. O and yes...shearing a few different websites with my personal attorney he begs to differ.... no such violation of the DMCA. This certainly can be challenged in a court in the US. So my question to The Forum and I'm sure the experts are reading this... how are we to install the Stream app on a Sony Smart TV when it does not show up on the Google Play Store??? When in fact Comcast and Sony have a partnership as of 2018?
Expert

@Coppernet wrote:
Currently a Comcast customer. Works on Sony smart TVs as well. The problem is Comcast "stream" app does not show up in the Google play store within the TV. According to an "expert" on this forum on a different thread. They quoted to me... if the stream app does not show up in the Google Play Store on the Sony Smart TV but it works on a smartphone. I was told that your not allowed to bypass the TVs Play Store and take the legal copy of the Stream app and install it on Sony smart TV. That would be a violation of the DMCA and could be faced with a fine or imprisonment. O and yes...shearing a few different websites with my personal attorney he begs to differ.... no such violation of the DMCA. This certainly can be challenged in a court in the US. So my question to The Forum and I'm sure the experts are reading this... how are we to install the Stream app on a Sony Smart TV when it does not show up on the Google Play Store??? When in fact Comcast and Sony have a partnership as of 2018?

simply wait for the Xfinity stream app to be offered in your Sony store or get a compatible Roku and enjoy  the currently free beta roku stream TV channel.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello All, I am showing we have resolved this issue on our end! The root cause of the problem was related to program failure, which was resolved by a coding fix on our end. If you are still experiencing this issue on your end, can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Expert

@ComcastAmira wrote:

Hello All, I am showing we have resolved this issue on our end! The root cause of the problem was related to program failure, which was resolved by a coding fix on our end. If you are still experiencing this issue on your end, can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

the TVAPP-00203 error is fixed or a different error?

Official Employee

My apologies, to confirm the Stream app error 12012 has been resolved and is no longer reporting as a known issue. If anyone is still receiving any error codes on their end, please send me a Private Message. Thank you!