Community Forum

Xfinity stream app does not authenticate on Ipad Pro

New Poster

Older app works on Iphone 6s on same WiFi Connection

Checked the forums and Comcast advice was to switch WiFi networks and try again.  No Tango.  When I go to settings Manage Device is grayed out and not accessible.  Manage devices is ok on Iphone App.

Please fix or send an update.  The app does not work at all. I wanted to watch the NBA eastern finals yesterday.  No joy thanks to Comcast.  I have had limited issues in the past with the application.

Version: 4.2.1.812

Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app does not authenticate on Ipad Pro

l_trim wrote:

Checked the forums and Comcast advice was to switch WiFi networks and try again.  No Tango.  When I go to settings Manage Device is grayed out and not accessible.  Manage devices is ok on Iphone App.

Please fix or send an update.  The app does not work at all. I wanted to watch the NBA eastern finals yesterday.  No joy thanks to Comcast.  I have had limited issues in the past with the application.

what is the version of iOS are you running on the iPad? is it jail-broken?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Contributor

l_trim wrote:

Can you please describe what you mean by "does not authenticate?"  If you are able to get to Settings, that means you have successfully authenticated (signed-in) to the app (otherwise you would just see the "Get started" screen).  Are you saying that content is missing or some other issue within the app?

You may want to try signing out (in Settings), then sign-in again. Also, please ensure you are using a username with XFINITY TV service on the account.

New Poster

I deleted the app and reinstalled.  During the launch I did get prompted to manage the devices associated.  The application worked successfully after that.